“I would stay here again...”

Executive Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed October 26, 2013

you can tell that this was a old hotel but I felt comfortable here and the rooms are not as up to date as other motels but other than that I thought it was a great place I felt safe and all the restaurants and businesses are all right there together if I had to stay here again I would..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Executive Inn Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed June 13, 2013

A buddy and I were on a motorcycle trip through the Wichitas (Great Place). We rode up from Dallas. We weren't too picky just needed a reasonable place to sleep. This is an old hotel. It was in Lawton when I moved there in 1961. I had lived in Lawton about half of my childhood and half of my adult life. I'm an Army Brat and proud of it. Not long ago it was a Holiday Inn. It is showing it's age. In both rooms the carpet was showing its age and had stains. The chairs and couch had stains. The rooms are outside entry which was OK with us but the side on the back of our rooms were smoking and we could smell faint smoke at times. We were OK but my wife would not have liked it. As a matter of fact my wife and I were in Lawton two days before, wee did not stay here but at one twice the price. The AC was great and not loud. The bed was comfortable and clean. Bathroom was clean and the shower was better than many. Staff was friendly. It is close to places to eat, drink, and buy fuel. We paid extra for the rooms with refrigerators and king beds but still only $59. With today's prices that seemed cheap when KOA charges over $50 for one of their cabins. We did not swim but the pool looked clean. I rate it a 2 because of the stains but not a 1 because the rest was clean and what do you expect for a base price of $39.

Room Tip: Be careful of the neighborhood. Be sure everything works. Check the sheets and bathroom. I have as...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Tim H, General Manager at Executive Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

My Dear Traveler,

I am thankful for the kind words in your review. We are a very old property and we do cater primarily to cost conscious travelers. I am saddened to hear that your room had a chair that had a stain on it. We have pulled that chair and have since cleaned it for the next guest. Your quick response affords us great opportunities to get a handle on any issues that may negatively affect another guest. If your travels ever bring you back our way I promise to show you how grateful we are for your thoughts. Tim

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This hotel was terrible and I very much doubt any executives stay here. The place is quite old and run down - looked like it had class, possibly a decade ago but not any more. The room had good beds and secure wi-fi. That's all the positives. The shower didn't work (so I had to take a bath), the towel rail fell off the wall when I closed the bathroom door, the bathroom was very small, the towels small and thin. The wash basin tap handle fell off. Very few spare power outlets and fridge didn't have a freezer so had to walk to other side of hotel for nearest ice machine. Breakfast was very basic. However, the young receptionist was helpful in dealing with some of these issues.

Room Tip: look for another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 911JohnA13
Tim H, Manager at Executive Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Traveler, I deeply apologize for your disappointing experience. I am glad our front desk associate offered some relief. The fridge you mentioned did not have a freezer actually does have a freezer in the top section of the unit. It is small and is designed for thin flat items such as ice trays and frozen dinners. The hotel is an economy branded product and offers rates nearly 1/3 the cost of most of the towns hotels. We are designed to offer inexpensive lodging for a cost conscious traveler. The towels you mentioned are not the weight of most flagged properties but have proven sufficient for the bulk of our guest. The towel rack and sink handle should not have been an issue and for that I am quite embarrassed. we are grateful for the awareness and have secured these items so another guest does not experience the same issue. We are a military town and a great amount of our travelers are here for their son or daughters graduation. Im am unaware of why you stayed with us but I promise if your travels bring you back our way I would gladly take ownership of these problems and I would jump through hoops to make it up to you on a return trip. I do again apologize for your disappointments.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

You can't expect to know this is a budget hotel and expect a 4 - 5 star hotel experience. You definitely get what you pay for. It really bugs me to see others rating this place so poorly when you know by the pictures provided you are going to get a pretty old hotel room, with old TV's!

My experience - if you are used to luxury and detest old run down hotels, don't come here. Otherwise, this hotel was perfect for our stay. My hubby and I were looking for a cheap hotel/motel that didn't frighten me area/location wise. The hotel had an attached restaurant and I can't remember the name of it, but it was pretty busy when we arrived. The lobby area was very inviting - where they also served a basic breakfast of coffee and rolls. The front desk attendant was very nice and helpful - honestly makes up for the place being older.

The room - I usually inspect the most important parts - I pull back the bed sheets (clean) and observe the bathrooms (clean). Yes the hotel could use new carpet, new couches, curtains, etc. - but I like the idea of having a full size couch and a king size bed - the room was huge. Yes, there were tube tvs, so if you are a tube tv snob don't come. The pool seemed refreshing, the grounds were kept clean and lawn maintained.

Overall I had a very comfortable stay and woke up well rested and the coffee in the lobby was great.

Room Tip: Our King size bedroom came with a full size sofa.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dodi
Tim H, General Manager at Executive Inn Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

My Dear Traveler,
I and my staff are grateful for your kind words about Expectations. Most of our guest are as understanding as yourself. However every business will come across guest that have elevated expectation regardless of our branding and obvious rate differences. We do not fault our guest for these expectations but it can take the wind out of our sail. The generosity in your words I hope will offer our future travelers the comfort they may be looking for when shopping for a well priced economy brand hotel. Thank you :} Tim

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked on Priceline and you definately get what you pay for. Location is ok but the hotel is in serious need of a makeover. I didn't realize tube TV'S were still made. Picture quality sucked as did the Internet connection. The room was worn out and very dated. The only bright spot was the nice lady who checked us in. The next morning when we left I asked a cleaning lady if I could leave my room keys with her, she looked at me like I was bothering her and she told me no. I went to the front desk to drop them off and of course no one was there. Very limited toiletries and the bed was very uncomfortable.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caveman7570
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I got a room there to wait out a snowstorm. The room I got was dirty, bathroom had muddy footprints on the floor, the shower and toilet were both dirty. The housekeeper did clean it up for me. The furniture was the worst in thrift store style, the old cracked ice bucket said holiday inn. This was pathetic.. I do not recommend this place... wait out the snowstorm at IHOP.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vicmcd1
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here in August and didn't have a great stay but this stay was WAY BETTER. Knew going in that it was an older hotel but the location, (right in the middle of the business district and 5 minutes from my work site on Fort Sill), and savings over everyone else made up for the dated rooms. Now the hotel is ovbviously going through some major changes. Rooms were cleaner, more welcoming, everything worked, and the people working the desk were great!

Room Tip: Best value for the money are the Executive Kings and the people at the front desk have given me and...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business