“Triple A does it again”

SpringHill Suites Lawton
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Reviewed April 24, 2014

You'd know how much we liked this hotel if you knew how many sites I had to go to to write a review! We picked this hotel from our Triple A book and it was great! From the time we walked in the door and Joseph helped us check in to the super clean room it was great. The decor was just lovely, everything new. There was one thing we should have mentioned but chose not to as we didn't want to waste a minute of our trip waiting on service people. Our bed was very uncomfortable. Upon checkout we mentioned this to the very pleasant lady and she said we should have notified them She immediately had the handyman check it out and he came back saying, yes, it will be replaced right away. We had no doubt that by the time we got to the car they were hauling the old bed out. Too bad we didn't have faith to have told them earlier. The morning breakfast was sooo good! Sure saves time not having to find a restaurant. The afternoon cookies were pretty good too! We just were so impressed by the help Joseph gave us during our stay. He even helped us find a place to stay on our way home! That is Customer Service! We had a very enjoyable stay. One thing to mention if this matters to travelers: the bathroom is a split type where the sink is outside the room which holds the tub and toilet. Lawton Mariott is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for anything if something is not quite right. The staff is remarkable.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dabo71,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. The team was delighted to hear your comments, especially the maintenance team. We understand your needs for a clean room and a good nights sleep. Everyone here makes your satisfaction a priority and we are thankful you chose to stay with us.

I hope you choose to stay with us again if you return to the area.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Excellent ,friendly desk staff at all times,especially Rusty at night.Large breakfast with lots of healthy options .On our last and 3rd night we had extremely loud and disrespectful guests next door,the staff moved us to a new room on another floor and on check out the manager generously added points to our Rewards Card for the inconvenience . We would not hesitate to book there again and are recommending it to those we know are attending events at Fort Sill

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank jwflint
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a one night stay at SpringHill in Lawton...the staff person when we checked in was excellent - pleasant and efficient. Room was nice, bed and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast was amazing! There were many choices with some items I have not seen at other complimentary hotel breakfasts (individual packages of Nutella-YUM).

One minor issue - the bathroom floor was not quite clean - since we arrived late, we did not notice it until the next morning so we didn't give the hotel a heads up about it or a chance to make it right.

A decent stay for the price.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Very nice room, friendly desk staff on check in, standard breakfast, just what you would expect. Had an extra pillow on the bed from my profile with Marriott and put me on the bottom floor. No issues.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed over Thanksgiving week for our son's graduation from basic training. The pro's to this hotel is: the free breakfast was good, easy on and off access to interstate to get to Fort Sill, close and easy access to the local mall and restaurants(for down time) Cons: the beds were ok(bedding was great, just could use more cush on the mattress part), rooms are not sound proof. We could hear the guy in the next room talking on his phone, and all the people walking by down the hall. The biggest complaint would be the inside room noise. The refrigerator made noises throughout the night in both rooms(ticking/breathing) and in one room, their was "a blowing wind" noise from outside coming through the heater vents? Overall it was a nice stay, staff was friendly, and we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2013

First time stay in this particular hotel and had a great experience. The staff was very professional and friendly and accomodating. The room was great for a weeks stay for business. Appreciated having HBO and Showtime since I do not have those channels at home. Loved the breakfast every morning and the freshbaked cookies when I returned in the evenings. The decor was very nice, bright and open and inviting. I would definitely stay here again. Great customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I made a reservation online for a military graduation...unfortunately (and admittedly) I made a mistake and hastily accepted a non-refundable reservation--I thought I was getting the employee Friends & Family rate which I use frequently. The rest of my family booked the neighboring Fairfield Inn (they are both on the same property), so I cancelled and re-booked there to be with my family. Upon noticing that my credit card was billed and not credited after the cancellation, I called the hotel. The front desk personnel were polite and relatively helpful but the said the General Manager had to authorize the credit. After 3 messages and 5 phone calls, I finally spoke to him. He was extremely rude, unprofessional and quick to point out my error--which I had already admitted. He offered nothing in the form of options or compensation for future stays...apparently being a Rewards member means nothing to this hotel or Marriott customer service. He refused any type of credit or compensation and did not seem at all interested in satisfying a customer. If you are traveling to Lawton, you're probably going to attend a military function at Fort Sill (because there's NOTHING else to do there)...do yourself a favor and try any of the other hotels in the area...they are all literally walking distance from each other. Like a previous comment posted here, the neighboring Fairfield Inn had hot water issues too and our bathroom wasn't cleaned or towels replaced.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Ron S,

I read your comments regarding your stay here and would like to apologize that my remarks seemed rude and unprofessional. The description of the rate that you reserved online states: "Advance Purchase rate, prepay in full, non-refundable, no changes". During the reservation process it repeats this policy twice before you complete the booking. I have made exceptions based on different conditions and refunded these fees for guests in the past. Your request for a refund was so that your Marriott employee discount could be used at an alternate hotel for the same dates. As a Marriott employee you certainly understand refunds for an advance payment reservation typically follow unique situations. My decision to follow the payment policy in the reservation was due to this fact. There was an option for you to keep this paid reservation and cancel the one you made with the employee discount. You chose not to use that option.

I do hope in the future you are able to return to Lawton Fort Sill when you have time to experience our unique surroundings. Lawton is home to Fort Sill, the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge, award winning museums, water park, casinos, and we have a very diverse art community. It will be my pleasure to personally make a reservation for you and offer some ideas of how to tour our city.