“Springhill Suites, Lawton, OK”

SpringHill Suites Lawton
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Lawton
Austin, Texas
“Springhill Suites, Lawton, OK”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My family came to Lawton to visit our son who is a Marine at Fort Sill. I like staying at Marriott hotels and picked the Springhill Suites for this trip. The hotel was wonderful and the staff was very friendly. The room was a good size for two double beds and we utilized the sleeper sofa as well. The linens, towels and entire room were very clean. There was hot chocolate and coffee available at all times which was a nice treat after being outside in the cold most of the day. We did not eat the free breakfast as we were meeting other family members at the Cracker Barrel which is directly next door to the hotel (we walked there) but it did smell great. The only negative thing I found about the hotel is there are no snack machines available. You have to purchase a snack from their market. My daughter got a small bag of Cheetos (costing .40 cents at Wal-Mart) and my husband got a small bag of peanuts (again, costing about .50 cents at Wal-Mart). The total price for both items was $4.00. That is way too expensive for .90 cents worth of items. If the hotel is not going to utilize vending machines, they need to make the items available at a lot lower price. No prices were posted for the items so we were shocked at the cost when the front desk clerk told us how much they were. Other than that, the stay was great and we would definitely use the hotel again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Try to stay towards the center of the hall. We were two doors from the side exit and it was noisy w...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
SpringHill Suit... L, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Lawton, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Reeneebug,
Thank you so much for your review about your stay with us. The team here works together to make sure every guest that stays with us is completely satisfied. We know you have a choice for lodging and we thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites. I will pass these kind words on to my staff so that they can hear your praise.
Jamie B. Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Queenstown, New Zealand
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for 3 night in January, 2013. Arrived late on the night of the 23rd. We were in our room within 5 minutes. Booked the suite on Priceline for $60 per night.

Immaculately clean from the common areas to the bathrooms. Very well managed property. Suites are spacious though the bathrooms are on the small side. 2 LCD TV's. Wireless. Refrigerator and microwave. Coffee pot in the room though coffee and cookies are available in the lobby 24/7. We had a ground floor suite (#107) and we never had an issue with outside noise.

Located near the Interstate, the casino and Ft. Sill is a 5 minute drive north. Cracker Barrel next door to hotel and many other eateries are a short drive away.

Great breakfast buffet. Cereals, baked goods, fruit, yogurt, eggs and more. Spacious and clean dining area. Staff are very friendly and courteous. Desk person; Michelle was particularly helpful. This is superior to the Hampton Inns I have stayed in. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet, updated hotel.

Room Tip: Get something upstairs and avoid neighbors with heavy feet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael R
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Great hotel staff and management excellent! Really enjoyed their hospitality! Breakfast was adequate and area was clean. Really enjoyed the artist expo on Thursday night! Friday night the power went out and now waiting to resolve it. Hope we have power!

• Stayed December 2012
Accomac
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Made reservations months in advance and when I showed up they took one look at my CAC and said it is their policy to only give the government rate to active duty military. The posted rate rules said "US Federal govt and active duty military only", which at every other Marriott property means government employees and military members. Funny thing was that I've stayed at this motel before, but they changed their policy since then. The manager wouldn't even come out to the desk and speak with me about it. I had to find another motel for my three night stay in Lawton. I contacted Marriott customer service and after two months they said it is up to the manager of the hotel to resolve guest issues. So if you have a problem with the manager at a Marriott you are out of luck I guess. So, if you are planning a trip to Lawton, plan to stay somewhere else to start with instead of having to change when you get there. Don't waste your time complaining to Marriott customer service either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VAnetSteve
kansas
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Loved the new look at the SpringHill Suites - I stayed here last year and they had a renovation recently. They also have changed their breakfast...SO yummy!! My room is big and very stylish. I am coming back for sure! Oh and by the way...the staff is so friendly. I need that when I am traveling.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We were surprised and pleased to see how large the rooms were on our one night stay here. We had a king bed with a queen pull out couch and still had plenty of space to be comfortable. Our bed & pillows were lousy. Its too bad Marriott didnt go the extra mile with a comfortable bed- that would probably haave bumped our rating to a 4 or 5. Hotel lobby is welcoming & new looking. Joesph at the front desk was helpful & informative. Breakfast was the usual affair with waffles,various breads & cereal etc.
**we had a terrific meal at Luigi's. It's not listed on the trip advisor site or I would have reviewed it there. Delicious homemade garlic buns delivered to our table as we pursued the extensive Italian menu. Portions are very large & prices are very reasonable. Excellent attentive servers. We arrrived at 6 on Friday night by 6:30 there was a healthy line out the door.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Four Lone Stars B
Fairfield, Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Like other reviewers I tend to trust the Marriott hotels. This hotel did not disappoint. The rooms are mini suites with a living area, desk area and a small kitenette equipped with a microwave, mini fridge, cofee maker and bar size sink. There are also two large flat screen tv's. One is across from the sofa and the other in the bed area. Room was clean, spacious and well equipped. The pool was sort of dirty and we did not go in. The exercise area is typical for a hotel. The buffet breakfast was great. Much more than I expected. Joseph who worked the front desk is exceptional. He goes out of his way to be helpful. We were there for our grandsons Army graduation. Stayed for four nights. You would be hard pressed to find a better hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms by the elevator because that is also where the ice machine is located
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family