“Not up to usual standards” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Idabel
Tyler, Texas
“Not up to usual standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Comfort Suites (Inn, Inn and Suites) is my favorite mid-range hotel chain. I will pick it over competitors. But this facility needs some re-vamping. The bed was comfortable and the room clean (two of the highest priorities). Staff was efficient, if not "Oklahoma-friendly." Pool was beautiful. But there were little things that were irritants: the tub had no drain plug, so no baths. The faucet in the bathroom wouldn't "stay still" when you tried to turn it on. The reading lamp was out on one side of the bed. That same side had an outlet. I plugged in two of my electronic devices to charge only to discover the next morning that both outlets were dead (and so were my devices shortly thereafter).

It being the Fourth of July weekend at Beaver's Bend, I was glad to have a room. But the value for the price was disappointing. I felt like I was in a lower end motel chain.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LovesGoodFoodTexas
Parimal P, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello and thank you for choosing our hotel to stay. I am disappointed that the details of the room as stay was not where it should be. I will make sure our stay understands the importance of those little things that make a stay great. Also, I wanted to make sure I let you know that we are about to revamp our bathrooms shortly with new fixtures and a new look to complete our Truly Yours guest experience. Thank you for letting us know so we may continue to provide you with an excellent stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Stillwater, OK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. Check-in was easy. HOWEVER, I think this hotel has some significant plumbing issues. Shower drain would not drain and at one point nasty black stuff started coming up out of it. Notified front desk and was told that the "whole hotel has drainage issues." Also couldn't be moved to another room because hotel was full, and problem was likely to exist elsewhere. Someone did come on the second day of my stay to address the drain, and it was better after. Hot tub was not in working order and its appearance was pretty bad. Swimming pool was green, but that didn't stop others from swimming in it. It was first weekend pool was open, so perhaps chemicals weren't fully evened out? I don't know. It wasn't a bad stay, but there was a lot of room for improvement.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank OStateMom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The staff was lovely, the room was very comfy, as were the beds. They let us park our motorbikes under the awning, out of the 22 hours of torrential rain and storms.
We watched films on cable TV, and hunkered down out of the weather, we could have stopped at way worse places, we were glad it was here. Quiet, very clean, very comfortable bed and linens, good free breakfast in the morning. Rested, happy and fed for the long ride home.
Good value....ignore the negative comments, this place has been remodeled and is very nice.

Room Tip: Upstairs at the back. Room 212 was nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gogo w
Parimal P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your great experience. We work hard to ensure everyone has a great stay. Next time you are in the area hopefully you can come and the weather will be better so you may enjoy the great natural beauty around our area. Please let us know if we can help with a future stay. Thank you so much
Emmaus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This motel was very nice. Our room was large and clean, and the beds were quite comfortable. There was also a very good breakfast. It is in a fairly rural area that is nice and quiet and has lots of places to walk your dog.

We had a bit of trouble finding it, since Idabel has US 70, Business US 70, and Bypass US 70, so the directions to the motel were a bit confusing.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Parimal P, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed the stay and being a pet friendly hotel in a rural area has its advantages. We will try to clear up any direction confusion for others who might be having the same problem. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Honestly I've stayed here a couple times. I've also stay at other area hotels in broken bow. BW and micro! This is the only hotel in the area to stay at!!! It's clean and comfortable the breakfast is good and honestly I've never get these reviewers who go on and about the staff. I stay out 150-160 nights a year and I really rarely have to deal with the staff at a hotel! This hotel isn't overly friendly but they do a great job with breakfast and cleaning! I'm fine with that!! There is NOTHING wrong with this hotel! Its very nice. It's as good as any comfort suites. If your in the area this is the only hotel to stay at!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

I spent three nights here. The service was excellent. It is close to great eating places. It was close to my conference location. The cleaning staff were friendly and most helpful. I would stay here without any hesitation. Clean, great staff at the desk

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Flower Mound, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one evening on our way from the Dallas area to Tahlequah, Oklahoma. The front desk staff member was pleasant, and quickly booked us a room on the 2nd floor. When we walked in, we saw all the bed pillows piled in a big heap in the center of the bed and were without pillowcases. I phoned the front desk and was asked if I was sure they were without pillowcases. My reply was, do your pillowcases have zippers? She said no, and apologized, and booked us into another room, this time on the first floor.

The room they gave us was a suite with a nice somewhat large sitting room that had its own television. The room was very dark and the lighting not very good. But we could see that there was a splotch of paint on a wall that obviously didn't belong there, and none of the walls had the cove base installed (and that was the case also in the first room we were in on the 2nd floor), so the room was not finished with a remodel.

But what made it really poor was when we headed off to bed, my husband was walking in his stocking feet through the bedroom area, and the carpet was wet the entire length of the long dresser opposite the foot of the bed. It was so late at this point, and we were tired from our trip, that just tried to avoid that area rather than ask for another room.

Breakfast was also a disappointment. Both coffee urns were empty (regular and decaf), the cheese "omelets" were dry and crispy on the bottoms, the sausage looked like it had been microwaved and not pan sauteed.

There aren't many choices in this small town, but I would try another hotel next time we're in this area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
Charles Wesley Motor Lodge
#4 of 6 in Broken Bow
3.5 of 5 stars 46 reviews
Courthouse Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!