“Very clean and priced right”
Review of Green Country Inn

Green Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Henryetta
Arkansas
“Very clean and priced right”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

This motel is worth the price. The rooms are clean and taking care of. They have a small breakfast area nothing big just the basics. The room was cleaned each day with new towels. Although the WI/FI didn't work all that good I was able to just keep reconnecting to finish what I was doing

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Los Gatos, California
Reviewed December 26, 2012

EXCELLENT! I landed here "accidentally" due to iced-over 1-40 late at night, and I'm glad I did! It makes a BIG difference when the Owners are running the place and live onsite. I typically lodge near larger cities, but now when I make the (frequent) trip from California to the Southeast I'll definitely schedule the mileage so I can stay here! I was VERY tired, grumpy, upset about trip delay and stressed due to travelling with 3 pets -- I was immediately comforted and put at ease by the high standards employed here!

Immaculate rooms that appear newly renovated (although reportedly were not...), fantastic water pressure & hot water, kind and professional staff. Buildings only one-story, so no worries about neighbors stomping overhead or noisy stairwells. Felt very safe and secure with car parked right outside my door.

Although immediately off 1-40 I heard no noise, and I'm a light sleeper (good double-paned windows and apparently insulation). The heat/AC wall unit kept me perfectly toasty even though it was below freezing outdoors. After taking the "easy way out" and sleeping at franchise motels for years, I learned my lesson and will seek out places more like this awesome "Mom & Pop Shop!"

SO WORTH IT to sleep in Henryetta -- do not rush eastward to Arkansas or to larger OK cities! Most comfortable room I've encountered in years and a great value, well worth the price!

Room Tip: Rooms 114 & 115 are end-units at rear which means only one neighbor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Easily accessible, clean, and the front desk staff was friendly. Just a good plain place when you need to stay overnight on the road. Wifi available. Motor court layout, so it was easy to get into your room.

Guntown
Reviewed August 24, 2012

stopped here for short night while coming home...not much in Henryetta, but this motel is well run,and adequate for our stay..room was pretty small, but clean and economical..internet was sporatic, but worked some..reminded me of a Motel 6 type room..

1 Thank msbullie
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We arrived after 10 pm and were welcomed quickly. We were pulling a trailer with an antique car and felt safe parking out front. The room was basic and clean. As others have mentioned, it was quiet in spite of being right off the interstate. I would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed after looking at other reviews on Tripadvisor. We've been traveling on vacation for 3 weeks and have stayed in several motels. This is by far the nicest we've been in.

Immaculately clean just barely scratches the surface of this place. Nicely landscaped, easy to get luggage into the room (it's an old style drive building). No, the pool's not open, it looks like its been damaged. And the breakfast is sparse. But these are not nearly as important as the cleanliness and the ease of check in. This was the fastest motel checkin I've ever had - under 1 minute.

To sum up: great clean place to stay.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Franckness
San Diego CA
Reviewed June 29, 2012

If you want a clean & comfortable room in a well-maintained facility with no extras for a good price, this is the place for you! If you're looking forward to hitting the pool after a long hot day on the road, you'll be sorely disappointed. Though this facility is advertised as having a pool, apparently it was damaged last fall in an earthquake & they have not fixed it. I was not told this when making my reservation (over the phone; they don't have an online reservation system), and one of the reasons I chose this motel over a larger chain hotel was because it supposedly had a pool (the other 2 hotels in Henryetta do not). I would have pushed on to larger Shawnee had I known that the pool was out of commission.

The beds in our room were fabulous - I got the best sleep of my trip thus far! The showerhead was the old-fashioned type with no adjustments available, but the water pressure was great - no "low-flow" showerhead here! The towels were clean, soft, and fluffy.

The room was on the small side; I had to rearrange the furniture to do my workout DVD (since I couldn't swim for exercise!). My biggest complaint about the room would be the lack of outlets. With the plethora of devices the average family carries & needs to recharge, a power strip would be a great addition to the room. The room was impeccably clean, and the facility as well - you can tell that the owners truly care about the how the facility looks. There were well-cared-for flowers throughout the property.

I found the wi-fi to be spotty. If I left my laptop for a few minutes, I'd get booted off, and it would take several tries to get back on. Since Verizon doesn't offer data coverage in this area, I couldn't use my smartphone to access the Internet, so the unreliable wi-fi was extra frustrating.

The breakfast was pretty meager: bread, some pastries & cereal, with milk or one type of juice. Some protein (like hard-boiled eggs) or healthy choices like yogurt would be a welcome addition.

I would stay here again if it wasn't hot and I didn't need wi-fi!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NoUglyOneYet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henryetta
Super 8 Henryetta
#1 of 3 in Okmulgee
Days Inn Henryetta
Days Inn Henryetta
#4 of 5 in Henryetta

Been to Green Country Inn? Share your experiences!