“Best Hotel in all of Western Oklahoma”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Reviewed March 3, 2011

I have stayed at this location 5 or 6 times in the past few months. This is by far, the nicest hotel in all of western Oklahoma, and in truth, one of the very best in all of rural Oklahoma. I travel a lot for my work and stay in a lot of hotels all across rural Oklahoma, and this Holiday Inn is simply the best. Very nice, exceptionally clean, and the staff is very helpful. I would expect this type of hotel in Oklahoma City or Tulsa, but in Guymon? It is simply unbelievable. If you are traveling through the Panhandle of Oklahoma or Texas, then this is the place to stay. Forget the rest. You will not be disappointed. And the cookies every afternoon...they are great.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a diamond in the rough, a posh place in a cowboy town.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We were going through the panhandle and decided to spend the night in Guymon. Since I have children, I am very particular about sanitation. ( I always carry my UV wand with me!) To my surprise, this hotel was very clean all around. Considering how windy it is in the Panhandle, even the parking lot was kept up. As we checked in and made our way from the lobby, by the pool area, and into our suite, I was relieved to be able to have my kids stay in such a clean hotel. The fact that the room was cool when we stepped in was a major plus. I never realized what high standards Holiday Inn's had until this visit. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasTechgirls
Reviewed August 31, 2010

OK, I'll admit that I was extremely reluctant to stay here after reading about the alleged budbugs in Room 200. But there aren't that many choices nearby, and the management's response seemed a lot more measured than the person making the accusation (also a factor: every hotel but one rated by this member gets one or two stars).

So I took the plunge, and spent Friday and Saturday nights there. Couldn't have chosen a better place.

The HIE is 17 months old, impeccably clean, carafes of free lemonade and iced tea in the reception area. Did not have a chance to check out the pool area, but was thrilled with the room. The beds and linens are just the sort that you hope you're going to be sinking into at the end of a long day in the dusty Panhandle. Great bathroom with deep tub. Decent breakfast -- love the cinnamon rolls -- and handy microwavable dinners by the desk if it's too late to venture out.

Will be returning next month. Have already made my reservation. Don't hesitate about staying there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We arrived late (1:00 a.m.) and checked in with the desk clerk regarding availability. We were told they had 4 rooms left so we took the Exec. Suite (217)and Junior Suite(200). As stated before it was very late, so we just jumped into bed. We were horrified to find BED BUGS in the bed on the junior suite. When I went down to the front desk to tell them about it two ladies did little more than say sorry and check me out (offering no discount) when I asked about a discount (manager, please) one of the young ladies proceeds to go to the back to get the manager. When approached by the manager, he was argumenative stating that "bed bugs are a back east thing" . I told him I would gladly go back up to the room and get the dead bugs to show him - NO, he says. Finally, after much discussion - he gave me $45.00 off of the room rate in that room. I was treated rudley and it was unaccpetable to have bed bugs in my bed. I travel frequently, and will never stay at a Holiday Inn or its affliates ever again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
dbhakta93, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2010

We would like to respond to the guest who had an unsatisfactory stay at our property (Bed Bugs Room 200). The guest indicated in her review that we had bed bugs in her room on her recent August stay.

We contacted our pest control company (Orkin, 580-338-7717) who immediately sent a technician to review the property in between our regular monthly treatings. The technician found no indications of bed bug activity in the room in question after a thorough inspection. We have contacted the guest with Orkin's findings as well. We have monthly pest treatments at our property and even double up in the summer months so we were very alarmed at the initial complaint. We have never had a bed bugs problem in the 18 months we have been open and hopefully will continue to not have any issues in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2010

This HIE is only about 1 1/2 yrs old, very clean, nice amenities & front desk service turned unhappy travelers into grateful ones. We had checked into our room & shortly thereafter heard dogs in adjoining room. After reporting it to Keelie at front desk, we were told that Yes, pets were allowed but only in certain rooms. The one next door was NOT one of those. Keelie moved us to a suite at no extra charge & assured us the "dog people" would be sorry for their infringement of sneaking 2 little dogs into a Non-pet room when they got slapped with a significant charge. We slept well, enjoyed a good breakfast with lots of variety & left satisfied overall. Thanks to Keelie for knowing how to handle a "testy" situation.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2009

From check-in to check-out the staff here were top-notch professionals. They made me feel like I was a VIP. I have never slept on a more comfortable mattress. The room was impeccable. I wish all Holiday Inns were as phenomenal as this one! I highly recommend this one for your stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo