Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Did not care for the heat pump in the room. It was either too hot or too cold. The girl at front desk came and tried to fix it but it did not work. The fan is also to close to the bed so anyone sleeping next to it is either too hot or cold.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

An employee misrepresented herself as a manager and proceeded to tell my husband that she didn't have the ability to make changes to charges made on our credit card. She said we would have to wait 2 weeks to talk to a "real"manager. Later the same day my husband checked Mint to see that they had made another charge on our card and asked me to go down to the front desk and find out what the charge was for and why it was being charged. When I went down to speak to someone about the charges miraculously there was an assignment manager who said, "I have the power to take care of anything." So all of a sudden incorrect charges could be taken care of while just a few hours earlier my husband was told we had to wait 2 weeks, there was never a mention of this powerful assistant manager.
This guy never apologized for any of the errors his employees made and liked to talk in circles. Lucky for him everything was finally worked out but I would never stay at this hotel again. Good customer service goes a long way with people and they would be wise to remember that in the future.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
hieguymon, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Nikita,
First, i would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express of Guymon Oklahoma. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guest.
I was very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, i do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathize regarding the points you mention in your review, especially the miscommunication between your husband and the front desk staff he initially spoke with. This issue should have been resolved at the moment it was brought up. Please know that your valuable comments are being addressed with our team and additional steps will be taken to provide a more positive guest experience. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you again.

Shawn Patel
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a quite new hotel, and we have stayed here several times. Until this last visit, we have been pleased to have the option to stay in a newer, very attractive, and very clean hotel in this location. On this last visit we were quite surprised to see the wear and tear on the room in which we stayed. It looks shabby and is in great need of refurbishing. It was disappointing to see how guests have abused this room and how the management has not taken care to make not only cosmetic repairs but also functional repairs. Next time we plan to investiage one of the older hotels in Guymon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear GrannyHere,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased that you returned to our hotel, however I am sorry that your visit this time was not as pleasant as your previous stays. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apologies for falling short of your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

This is my 2nd trip to this hotel. Both times for business in Boise City (which is about 60 miles away). This place is relatively new, very clean, and the staff is wonderful. The breakfast is excellent (eggs, sausage, fruits, etc. no charge for wireless internet Cable tv has all the stations I need (about 50). I recommend this place if you have to be out in this part of the world (for whatever reason).

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This is one of the BEST Holiday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at. It is new and great decor with very nice rooms. The staff at this location is wonderful, Plenty of parking for trucks, and recreational vehicles. And this hotel is very quiet.

Room Tip: Any room in the hotel is great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was traveling through town and was getting tired and looked a nice place to rest for the night. The staff was very friendly, offered to extend my checkout time if I needed to so I could get some rest. The only drawback is that there is nowhere very close to get a nice meal. The majority of the nicer restaurants were located on the other end of town. Overall it was a very pleasant stay, and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2013

During a recent road trip, I stayed at three Holiday Inn Express hotels. Although the hotel in Guymon had the best physical facility (being, it seems, the newest,) this review applies to all three hotels.

First, I was traveling during the government shutdown, and the only news channels that were available to me were local (spotty coverage) news, Fox (extreme Right), and CNN (trending toward extreme right.)

Second. I have a slingbox attached to my TV at home and when I tried to connect via the hotel wireless, I was not able to do so. I discovered that are quite a few sites that I was not able to connect to.

While waiting for my husband to check out at Guymon, I overheard a conversation between a hotel staff member and a technician from the hotel's service provider. Basically, it was that the provider was supplying all the speed that Holiday Inn had signed up for, but that Holiday Inn's own settings were blocking about 90% of that speed and those setting needed to be changed to increase the speed.

The staff member told the technician that they had had many complaints, quoting another frequent guest as saying if this is as good as it gets, I'm staying somewhere else next time.

Since I've had the same experience at three HI Express hotels, I question that this may be to stop guests from connecting to sites that the hotel chain's owners, management, or IT staff does not approve of.

Either way, if Internet connectivity is important to you, you really should give HI Express a pass.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guymon, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Bonnie S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the issues with the internet prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate the near perfect scores for Cleanliness, Rooms, Service, and Value. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D