“Not so good”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Guymon
Grand Bend, Ontario
“Not so good”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It is hard to find a reasonably priced motel in Guymon because of the oil boom in the area, but we chose this place because their TA reviews seemed OK, and it has better prices than the others in the area.
Minuses: Bring earplugs: our neighbour in next room had the TV on until 4 a.m. and the walls are thin. During the night my husband was bitten by some kind of bug in the bed. It bit him in the groin, and he'd bled all over the sheets - he was upset. I was bitten also on the face, the skin below my nose, and there was blood on my pillow in the morning, too. The staff expressed surprise when we reported this.
We had a basic hotel room #109. The toilet didn't flush and they obviously knew about it because there was a plunger provided beside the toilet.The motel is situated between the highway which is a major truck route and the trainline - we heard traffic and train whistles all night.
Pluses: There was a newer shower stall. The breakfast was very large: breakfast burritos, dry eggs, sausage,cereals, breads, biscuits and gravy, waffles...more than we could eat.

Room Tip: There are no quiet rooms, so just bring earplugs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had during your stay at the hotel and thank you for taking a moment to write a review .
After talking to you when you came to check out I did check the room out and did not see any ants or any bugs but I did call the pest control company for one additional service for spraying all rooms other than our regular contract.
We could have asked next door guest to turn off the T.V. if you would have informed the night desk clerk. We have kohler brand camodes in all the rooms and do not have any water pressure problems but we have put plungers in bathroom in all rooms to avoid overflow to prevent a fall and also as we are planning to put hard wood floor in year 2014.
I apologize for the noise of the train as we are located near to railroad. Thanks again for taking time to write a review and I am terribly sorry for the issues.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here because we look for Super 8s on our road trips. This motel was the best we have found. The staff were well trained and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. The room and bathroom were up to date and clean.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Retired teacher W
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We thank you for taking the time for writing a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to see you soon.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stopped in Guyman on our way to New Mexico on our Harley. The city has an abundance of hotels due to an oil boom in the past so there are many to choose from. We stopped here after readying other trip advisor reviews and they were right. This hotel was very clean, comfortable and affordable. A great place to get a good night sleep!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rebecca P
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
I am pleased to know you had very good stay . If you are ever again in Guymon on bike , we hope to see you again. Thanks for writing a review.
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I frequently stay at hotels in Guymon because my work is often in the area and I recently had to start paying for my own room. Well, compared to the other hotels in town, Super 8 had the best quality for your buck.
They're quite a bit cheaper than the other hotels.
The first thing that caught my eye was that it's extremely clean.
The staff is friendly and they greeted me every time I passed by them.
The wifi was high speed.
Oh, and the breakfast was delicious. So many flavors of creamers.
When I go back to work in Guymon, I will definitely choose Super 8 again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Mihoff
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for writing a wonderful review. Sounds like you had a great stay. Thanks for pointing out the service you encountered. This is what truly sets us apart. We look forward to see you again soon.
Hector, Arkansas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I travel the rural areas of the US and this is one of the best values for your dollar. Staff was friendly, rooms clean, bed comfortable, and the breakfast was awesome! If you are traveling through the panhandle of Oklahoma or even close, stay at this hotel. You won't be dissappointed.

Room Tip: Call the hotel direct and you'll get a great deal!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hogfarmer5
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thanks for taking time for writing a wonderful review. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and liked the service and staff and we look forward to see you again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed overnight in Guymon several times and mostly at the Holiday Inn Express. I'll stay at the Super 8 from now on because it's such a better value. For about 40% less money I get a spacious, clean room, a hot meat & eggs breakfast, and strong Internet access. The only thing Holiday Inn gives me for 40% more money is two beds instead of one -- which is of little value when staying by myself.

• Stayed January 2013
MinaBhakta, Owner at Super 8 Guymon, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your stay and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the hotel comparing the value for the money spent and we look forward to see you again soon.