“good little diner”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Houston Texas
“good little diner”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Boomarang is in the heart of little Guthrie.
Stopped in for a hamburger and was pleasantly surprised. Got a bacon burger. It was cooked perfectly and was quite tasty.
If you end up in Guthrie, give it a try

Visited September 2013

Seminole, OK
“Good lunch”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

When we were in Guthrie visiting my Mom, she wanted us to try the new place in town. We've been to other Boom-a-rangs, but it had been awhile. This one impressed, because it was obvious that the staff worked very hard to make it an enjoyable meal. The wait staff was attentive but not pushy, and the manager was in evidence, keeping things moving. He made a point of greeting each customer. The restaurant is small and there's not much room to wait. I had a Frito chili pie, and it was outstanding; my husband had one their specialty burgers and said it was one of the best he'd had. One thing that surprised me is that sandwiches are served without sides. We paid extra for fries, but they were very good. The movie memorabilia on the wall made for good discussion, and our waitress provided us with a "cheat sheet," since we couldn't figure out the name of one actress. Will probably go back.

• Visited August 2013
Hatfield
“Catfish Dinner on Friday”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

It was suggested to me to go eat the all u can eat catfish dinner one Friday, it was very good and will eat catfish there again soon. I'm thinking right now that I may go over there and try breakfast!!

1 Thank farmerobrown
Oregon
“Greatest DINER Food!!!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We liked this place so much, we ate there twice in one day! Our grand road trip included a stop to search for antiques in Guthrie, Oklahoma, and we arrived ready for lunch. We didn't want a long sit-down meal (Roma's), we drove by Katie's Diner and didn't like the looks from the outside, and while walking down the street, we happened upon Boomarang's, and went in.

WE were served drinks promptly, and ordered the fried chicken, fish, and Reuben sandwiches. We also had fries, beans, corn bread, and their signature "pickle-o's". WOW!!! It was all fresh, "actually" cooked (no frozen fish or chicken patty here!), served quickly, and most of all "DELICIOUS".

We enjoyed lunch so much that after shopping for antiques (great place for THAT, BTW), and before heading back onto the road, we returned for dinner. This time two of us had the fried chicken sandwich, with the third having the 1/4 pound burger, with added sautéed onions, and the second time was as good as the first.

Friendly staff, good food fast, this would be a regular meal stop for us any time we were traveling in this area. The Best!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“1950's”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our order was fast and good. I had the patty melt with fries and my mom had the beans and corn bread. I love all the older pictures of movies stars surrounding us. My favorite is Audrey Hephburn.