“Doesn't know a Ribeye from a Sirloin Strip!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Boneyard Grill - CLOSED

Boneyard Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Guthrie, Oklahoma
“Doesn't know a Ribeye from a Sirloin Strip!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Locally owned but dissappointing. Ordered the Ribeye Steak and was served a Sirloin Strip. I asked the waitress to correct this error and when she returned to the table she had a message from the "Chef", that she was to tell me that it was a ribeye and it wouldn't be replaced. I was shocked. I asked to speak directly with the cook and she went to get him and returned with this guy that looked like a jail escapee than a cook. He told me that he was Chef whatever and that this indeed a Ribeye. I showed him the texture of the meat, the angles of the grain, the trim line of fat, and the shape. He said I was lying and stepped closer to the table. Feeling threatened, I asked for the owner and the waitress said he wasn't there at the time. The "cook" refused to serve me another steak, and the waitress said that all she could do was serve us a free dessert. The difference in price of the two steaks was about two dollars, and the price of the desserts was $4.50 each, or $9 bucks. We finished our meal, including the "free" desserts, paid and left, vowing never to set foot in the building again. Horrible service and food was just so-so. Steaks are a dime a dozen in Central Oklahoma, so this place won't be missed for the trouble we were put through. Don't waste your time here, go to Gage's or The Stables instead, they have much better food, service, and you won't have the cook coming out to pick a fight if you have a wrong order!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AvardCurt

“Horrible experience”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had the worst experience at the Boneyard.Our waitress Haley refused to take our food order. My husband told her we were ready to order. Haley stated she takes orders in a rotation. Needless to say Haley never came back to our table she sent a different waitress. When our food came my steak was over cooked. I asked to see the manager; I was informed that both owners were the cooks. 5 minutes later 1 of the owner Ralph Mann showed up at our table. He stated this must be the table I said yes this is the table. He said you have a problem with you steak, I said yes it’s over cooked. I then explained to Ralph that our waitress Haley refused to take our food order and that she sent someone else to our table. I told him that if she is going to wait on customers she needs to take their orders when the customer is ready. My husband asked him what he was going to do and Ralph got into my face and said Haley was the best waitress and the highs paid staff then he walked away. When our waitress come back with my change from the bill I told her I feel sorry for her having to work with that man she agreed with me.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Stephanie B
Edwardsville, Illinois
“If BBQ is your thing....”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We visited this restaurant on a whim. We were gladthat wedid! The restaurant was busy wit hthe lunch crowd but the spaciousness of the dining rom andthe efficiency of the staff made the experience most pleasant. The lunch menu was relatively simple and the food was pretty darned good! Where I enjoy BBQ but do not consider myself an aficianado, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. I'd stop again, and be glad thatI did!

• Visited October 2012
Guthrie, Oklahoma
“Excellent Food with Great Service”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We had two couples visit us from out of town. We wanted a variety of items to choose from. Our group had everything from sirloin steak to prime rib and each one of us loved the food and service. So much better atmosphere with your move to downtown! Love it! Plan to go Saturday with more visiting out of town folks!

• Visited September 2012
arkansas
“New Location Great Food”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Moving to the historic district was a great idea. Love the atmosphere and especially the coconut cream pie

• Visited October 2012