Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie(Guthrie)(Great Value!)
$80
$109
$85
SleepInn
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie(Guthrie)(Great Value!)
$73
  • Restaurant
$85
$65
$60
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond(Edmond)(Great Value!)
$87
All reviewsfront desknice hotelfriendly employeeslocal eaterieslate in the eveningenjoyed our stayspacious roomfirst floornight clerkindoor poolfamily reunionhieweddingmoteldrivewayelevatortornado
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

there is not much at this exit so I didn't expect much from the hotel, much to my surprise the hotel was clean and well maintained however the parking lot was a bit of a challenge to navigate, the night clerk was friendly and helpful with information about the local eateries, the room was large and spacious, the king size bed was comfortable and the selection of pillows allowed me to chose the right one for me. even on the fourth floor the water pressure in the shower was excellent, the room was quiet which was good for sleep. Morning brought the usual Holiday Inn breakfast items but it was good to get a cup of coffee that had a good flavor after all the colored hot water I found while driving. if I am in the area again and in need of rest I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My experience at this hotel was limited to interaction with probably the worst customer service staff in the hotel industry. I called during the week before my reservation was to begin and verified my room type and that my reservation was good to go- getting nothing but the all clear. Towards the end of my four hour drive to the area for the Gentlemen of the Road tour I was called by Denise, a staffer at the hotel. She informed me she "didn't know how I made the reservation but there was no room for me". She was intent upon arguing how I was able to make the reservation when the hotel was full for "6 months". I said that I was not sure but was aware of the IHG policy that when a hotel is overbooked the Holiday Inn responsible must provide a room for the customer- and pay for the room. She blatantly refused and said they would be doing no such thing. This left me and a friend in a town for a concert with no room to stay in, no assistance, and not even an "I'm sorry". I asked Denise to verify with IHG and she said she would call me back.
I never heard back from her so called IHG directly to ask what my options were. The lady that I spoke with at IHG once again verified the policy of overbooking and said that the hotel would need to reimburse me for one night's stay since they had no room for me. She called the hotel to speak with them and was also not able to reach anyone, so instead she booked me a room at the nearest HI 12 or so miles away (not ideal but not many choices remained on the day of a concert in which 35k people are coming into a town of 10k!). My only option was to pay full price (over $200) and wait for the Guthrie HI to reimburse me.
When I arrived in Guthrie I stopped by the hotel to see if I could speak with a manager on duty. I was "greeted" by an unpleasant Denise after the gentleman at the front desk told me they "had to send away at least 8 other people" the night before who were also overbooked. She told me she would contact her manager, Melanie, on the phone - in the back office. She returned and told me in no way did they have to pay for me to get another hotel room, as they had not done that for anyone else either. She was rude and offered absolutely no assistance in this matter.
After I left I called IHG back and told them that the hotel was refusing to pay for my new room reservation and they put in a request for the hotel to respond (as well as sent them a copy of the policy and procedures manual from IHG) and said that the hotel had 48 hours. Though it was a pain to drive the additional miles when we thought we would be right down the road from the concert, I was happy with the help I received from IHG's customer service department.
Two days later I had still not heard anything and called IHG to check in and see if they had gotten a response either. While on hold they transferred me to the hotel and put me in touch with Melanie directly. Immediately she launched into the same tirade about how the hotel had been sold out for 6 months and that I came in too early and that maybe if I had waited I could have had a room (this, after being called and told I didn't have a room and simply arriving to speak further with the Manager). However, my psychic abilities must have failed me that day because I had no way of knowing that could have "possibly" been an option! She told me there was no way they would pay for the room, that they could have just sent me elsewhere like they did with everyone else (whom they did not pay for either, though she did inform me they cited the same IHG policy I reference here).
Luckily, IHG followed through with their policy and I received a check for the amount paid yesterday. I hope anyone else who had this same issue contacts IHG with a complaint as well. With this type of customer service, I wonder how they can possibly remain an IHG property- after all, they clearly aren't complaint with their own policies!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank coastalsummit
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear coastalsummit,

Thank you for your business and review.

Though it was a relief to hear that you already received the refund, I am disappointed to read the troubles you had with our staff. I sincerely apologize for the lapse in service and poor customer care you have encountered. We deeply regret that these aspects have negatively affected your overall experience.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Not the sound, but what I found in my room today, 4 of them in my room when I woke up this morning. Seems like the area is plagued by crickets and grasshoppers right now.
Pretty disappointed in the hotel "gym". The bike and elliptical machine are not hooked up to a power source so they do not function properly. The universal machine uses a screwdriver to hold the weight plates in place.
As far as rooms go, they seem a little tired, but they are clean.
Breakfast is the typical Express breakfast.
Staff is very friendly and all seem to enjoy working here, so that helps offset some of the negatives.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sirsmokeyjoe
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear sirsmokeyjoe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been due to the room condition and the gym. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The price was good, and we reserved a two room suite for three adults. The day before our arrival we got a phone call from the hotel asking us if we were sure we really wanted that room. I thought it was a bit strange, as I had made the reservation, had already paid for the room, and hadn't inquired about making changes.

We were there for five nights. After the second night, housekeeping didn't give us clean towels, and had left coffee cups behind. And they didn't refresh the in room coffee service. The coup de grace was the penultimate night when they did no housekeeping in our room, beyond picking up the wet towels from the prior days swim. They never came to clean the room.

Breakfast was mediocre, but the coffee wasn't bad. One of our rooms smelled like smoke, despite being a nonsmoking room because it was right over the front entrance where many guests went to smoke, and the AC just sucked it up and spewed it into the room.

It wasn't a total disaster. The room itself was not luxurious but very nice and spacious. The beds were very comfortable. It was certainly conveniently located. The pool was nice as well, although it really does miss the hot tub. However, I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Carol F,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. We were sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by housekeeping and food selections that was served. Rest assured that your comments have been documented and will certainly be looked into. Nevertheless, we sincerely hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service. Once again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Zelyn N

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were in town for a wedding and this was the hotel the wedding party picked to book rooms at. When my husband called to make a reservation he was told they had no rooms available. This was interesting since after we hung up with the desk clerk we went online and made a reservation for a room.

We checked in at about 3:30 and others that were there for the wedding hadn't been able to get in their rooms yet due to them still being cleaned. When we parked we went in an end door that was supposed to be a key card entrance only but it was unlocked. It was never locked for our whole visit. Being right off the interstate this didn't feel very secure. The room we had was nice and fit our needs. There were lots of plug ins which was a wonderful.

I went to get out the ironing board and iron to get my husband and children's clothes around only to find we had an iron but no ironing board. I went to the front desk and told the lady working that we did not have an ironing board in our room and we did need one to get ready for the wedding. Her response was "I'll see if I can find you one. They break really easy." She didn't act much like she cared so I told her that we needed to leave for a wedding soon and I needed to iron before we left. I went back to our room and about 20 minutes later there was a very soft knock at our door. I went to the door and found the ironing board leaning up against it.

The beds were very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. We arrived back at the hotel too late to use the pool. The biggest plus to this hotel was the breakfast. The young man who was cleaning the breakfast area and keeping it well stocked was very nice. The food was your typical breakfast but it was good and kept full.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gagesmom314
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Gagesmom314,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am very pleased that you liked our breakfast and found the bed comfortable. My apologies for the overall inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.