Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here several times for business (Oil / N. Gas). Hotel is always clean, and smells good. Internet has always worked for me at a pretty good speed.
Great location right by freeway, with plenty of food options close by.

Room Tip: 3rd floor seems to be noisier for some reason. Stayed on both floors several times, and 2nd floor ha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was a very clean hotel (one of the cleaner I've ever been to) and the Staff was very helpful. Everyone was very friendly and made me feel right at home. The desk clerk DeShawn even did a load of laundry for me when I couldn't do my own there. He even folded it for me. I was impressed with how such a small town had such outstanding service and I would stay there again given the chance.

Room Tip: Ask the staff where there are the fewest people staying at and they'll be more than glad to help...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Longmeadow
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Guest Laundry was broken and staff offered to wash my laundry that evening in the "big" washer- Great Service, friendly personnel, clean and easy to get to! Comp breakfast was OK, nothing speciasl but dining area was claen and staff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Wamego, Kansas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This hotel is beautiful and the staff is also great. We stayed at this location twice in a week. DeShawn was working the front desk both nights we arrived. The phones were ringing off the wall and several guests were waiting for check-in. DeShawn handled the group quickly and efficiently the whole time keeping a smile on his face and that keyboard clicking.
Breakfast each morning is the typical complimentary HIE but with the make your own pancakes and other hot item choices it was very good.
This location is busy so make reservations, but it was a wonderful stay. I would recommend this hotel to any one traveling to and from north to south or staying for an extended stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dbartraider
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I stayed at this facility two weeks ago. I say stayed as I checked in and finally had to check out when they could not fix several issues with several rooms.

First room was not made up with dirty bed linen piled in a chair. Second room the A/C did not work. As it was 103 degrees outside, this would not work. Finally the third room was clean and the A/C did work, but when I went in the room it was TURNED OFF! Ok, so I turned it on full cold and went out to have a bite to eat and let the room cool off. Turns out I was told that the hotel manager tells the maids to turn the A/C off to save $$. Guess they have never checked into a room that is over 100 degrees and needed to get to sleep right away.

Returned and tried to log onto the internet to pick up my emails. Got an error message saying "cannot log you on at this time" and promptly called the front desk. Was told that if there were too many people in the hotel on the system that it would not allow anyone else on. ????? She then refused to let me talk with the manager saying "she is not accepting calls tonight!" While walking down to the front desk ran into a large group in the meeting room. I asked them about the internet and they had the same experience, not being able to get online.

Called Holiday Inn's customer service line and got ahold of Judy. Judy could not believe the issues and promised to call me back in 15 minutes. I know she did call the front desk as the desk clerk told me they had talked. The front desk clerk told me that she would not let Judy talk to the manager as well, so we are batting 1000% here.

Finally at 9 pm I called the front desk to ask when I would be able to get on the internet and when I could expect a return call from Judy (remember "I will call back in 15 minutes" from her?) and was told that they could not help me and that I could check out and not be charged for the room if I wished. Did so and at 9:15 was at a Best Western hotel across the parking lot.

The Best Western had cool rooms (although a bit dated) and the internet worked fine the first time out. You can do better than this hotel... for that matter sleeping in your car would be better than this place!

Room Tip: Tip? Do not stay here as long as its like this. Almost any other hotel is better than this one.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here as a stopover on my way through the state driving from Texas on up to Kansas. They tout smokeless but you have to walk through a gauntlet of smokers just to enter the hotel. The hotel is set back from the road so you have to figure out if you drive up the hill or down the road (drive down the road) then go between businesses to get to the property. In my estimation this is the best hotel in a depressing town in the "middle of everywhere." Being a hotel that doesn't suck as bad as the rest in the area is a poor way to run your property. Upon check-in, I find the pool and spa are unavailable. Now reading reviews apparently this has been the case for an extended period. I wrote IHG Priority Club and received only an auto-reply. I will follow up as property management has not supplied a response. The fitness room was fine and the room was average. I felt the elevator was difficult to access and oddly shaped, as though the architect didn't think people would be using a luggage cart or even taking luggage onto the elevator. There are restaurants nearby, but none are inspiring. If you have the option to keep driving either on to OKC or Wichita, I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms in another city might be slightly less depressing.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a large suite. It was very clean. There was an HBO Guide but the manager said they no longer have it. The pool and hot tub was still not working. It appears the manager or owner of this hotel is cutting amenities. This is a nice clean fairly new hotel and it is a shame the amenities ate not up to holiday inn express standards. We stayed there for a family funeral and would nit stay there again. There are cheaper accommodations in gutherie with working pools and hot tubs. My Spode works out every morning. The equipment appears to be Wal-mart quality, doesn't work well and is dangerous. Holiday inn corporate should do something about this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wheat99
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear 56854Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It's nice to hear you liked the cleanliness of your suite. I would like to apologize for the issues you had regarding our facilities and in-room HBO. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product. For that reason, your comments are really troubling and I will make sure that this will be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details on your recent stay. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#5 of 7 in Guthrie
Fairfield Inn & Suites Edmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond? Share your experiences!