“No HBO hot tub and pool not working fitness equip junk”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We had a large suite. It was very clean. There was an HBO Guide but the manager said they no longer have it. The pool and hot tub was still not working. It appears the manager or owner of this hotel is cutting amenities. This is a nice clean fairly new hotel and it is a shame the amenities ate not up to holiday inn express standards. We stayed there for a family funeral and would nit stay there again. There are cheaper accommodations in gutherie with working pools and hot tubs. My Spode works out every morning. The equipment appears to be Wal-mart quality, doesn't work well and is dangerous. Holiday inn corporate should do something about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wheat99
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Dear 56854Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It's nice to hear you liked the cleanliness of your suite. I would like to apologize for the issues you had regarding our facilities and in-room HBO. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product. For that reason, your comments are really troubling and I will make sure that this will be looked into. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details on your recent stay. We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Anthony M

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We went here for our one-year anniversary and was very disappointed. The pool wasn't working. The hot tub wasn't working. (Why didn't they tell us that before we booked? We would have stayed elsewhere!) Apparently this is a constant problem if you'll look at their other reviews! They put us in a handicapped room and the shower head kept falling down as I tried to take a shower. Also, the bathtub was higher than normal bathtubs so when I stepped out of the tub, I almost fell. The breakfast was very disappointing, as well. I've had better breakfasts at 7-11. The silverware was plastic and so flimsy that the knife wouldn't cut the biscuit in half. The fork wouldn't cut the pancake. The only fresh fruit was two bruised bananas. Also, I wanted decaf coffee and they were out. I told the lady who said she was making more. I waited and waited.Finally, when I was finished eating my breakfast, the coffee was finally ready but then they were out of cream! I told the lady but she was too busy doing other things to refill the cream pitcher.... Disappointing and will never stay there again. PLUS-- The price was twice the cost of the hotel across the street (Sleep Inn I think it was called) and that hotel is much much better as I've stayed there a few times. I tried to get into that hotel but they were already booked.

Room Tip: Not sure. We were on bottom floor but we could hear neighbor's TV.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darleenbaileybeard
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Dear darleenbaileybeard,

Thank you for taking the time out our your busy day to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I apologize for the conditions of the pool and the hot tub, and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received. We take our guest comments very seriously as these are our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer to our guests.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B

Reviewed May 21, 2012

When we first checked in they said the pool and hot tub have been broken for a while now and it wouldn't be fixed anytime soon. Then they looked up my reservation and said it was only for one night. I said "no, I have two rooms for two nights" and the manager proceeded to blame me for calling the 1-800 number rather than calling locally. I'm sorry, I figured I'd get the same result calling a 1-800 number for a company vs. calling you guys. I had the room on hold under my name but my father purchased both rooms. I've had a $222 charge on my credit card for the past 3 weeks with no response or call back from the hotel. I've now called twice to speak to the manager about this. Also, my dad was charged for two rooms at two different prices and the lady at the front desk said she couldn't help him because she didn't have permission to make changes to credit cards and her manager was out. So the manager would have to call my dad at a later date. So they charged my dad twice and said they'd call to remove the first charger later. What a mess and very unorganized business. They seriously need to work on their customer service skills.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brianna S
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Brianna S,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Heather was amazing - she was so patient as we changed our minds multiple times. This was truly an amazing level of service!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I enjoyed booking our stay with Jerry. He was efficient, knowlageable and friendly. Thank you!!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Traveling for business for a living I really appreciate quality customer service/hospitality. The staff are very courteous and helpful, ensuring a comfortable home away from home. From the Manager, Karla to Lucky and Heather(front desk) to the Housekeepers, I was more than happy with the level of service. The lobby, breakfast area and meeting rooms are very nice as well I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.
Also, Genos Chop House is a great place to eat especially on Friday night(buffet with seafood/crab legs etc). They have their seafood flown inn and it is Delicious. It's only one mile from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Found Cockroaches in the bathroom when I woke up. I smashed one and gave it to the morning manager. His response was, " We have had guests complain about them but never actually had a guest catch one."

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Kenneth F
HIEGuthrie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life style to write a respond about our property. We so apologize about the cursed Oklahoma seasonal bugs. We have a sign posted, F/D addresses the problem & an exterminator sprays on a regular bases. Insects are checked for several times a day in the rooms on the 1st floor (which was where you stayed). Our crazy Oklahoma weather really plays with mother nature. The contractors that built this property just did not get all the small holes filled to keep them from coming in overnight. I really apologize again & would love for you to give us another chance. Feel free to contact me & would love to visit & assure you that we do not have cockroaches, but just mother nature's seasonal insects.
Thank you again!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma Cit...
#45 of 154 in Oklahoma City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Stillwater -University Area
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#8 of 14 in Edmond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond? Share your experiences!