Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desknice hotelfriendly employeeslocal eaterieslate in the eveningenjoyed our stayspacious roomfirst floornight clerkindoor poolfamily reunionhieweddingmoteldrivewayelevatortornado
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Everything about this hotel was horrible!!! The room was not cleaned properly. The washer and dryer didn't work. The AC wouldn't get cold. The printer in the business center was down. Too much chlorine in the pool; none in the whirlpool, which had a ring about it. Breakfast, YUCK!!! The microwave omelets, made of powdered eggs were TERRIBLE. Lastly, there were BUGS everywhere.

I suggest you go to the Edmond, OK location (about 15 minutes away on I-35). You get a better value for your money, the rooms are clean, and the breakfast is much better.

Room Tip: Bugs were everywhere!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank luvvalentino
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I've never been in a place where goal number 1 should be customer service and been mocked by the staff for asking "again" for fresh towels and complaining because we had to take the trash out our selves. The woman mocked me and then mocked my son when he asked her if it was ok to treat customers that way. The staff here does not belong in the service industry. Maybe McDonald's.When we tried to take it to the general manger we were asked to leave. I have never experienced anything like this in my travels before. I hope I never do again. I hope the upper management reads this. If you do, look at the surveillance tapes for Sept 4 2011 5:00pm to 8:00pm. This is assuming there is anything left on the tapes. This was absolutely insane.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jwsir2u
Reviewed August 27, 2011

My husband and I were ending an 11 hour day of driving and were tired and sore. We stopped at 2 hotels on the north end of Guthrie and they would not accept our yellow lab. Third time WAS a charm! Even with the pet deposit, this was by far the best value we encountered on our trip. Our first-floor room was beautiful (Very quiet, high ceilings, flawless bed linens, spacious bathroom) and made for an easy in and out to walk our dog. Breakfast was great, and we were just a few blocks away from I-35 south to jump right back on to the highway. The staff was SO friendly! This will be our "go to" hotel in that area from now on.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had heard nice things about this hotel. This was my first stay at this hotel. The front desk customer service was good. When I asked for another room I was put in another room on a different floor immediatly. The first room had not been thoroughly inspected for a previous guests things. It was late so I stayed in the second room and stripped the bed of the bed skirt and mattress pad, too much hair from previous guests. I hope my next stay is less eventful. In the downtown area of Guthrie are nice places to shop and I enjoyed the meal at the Stable Restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MustBeClean
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We stayed here as part of a road trip to Louisville, and had chosen the town of Guthrie just because it seemed like a good stopping point for the evening. This hotel could not have been more pleasant! It was actually our first Holiday inn Express that we had stayed at and now, thanks to our experience here, Holiday Inn Express is our hotel of choice in this class of accommodations.
The staff was very helpful, and the beds were comfortable. The room was so clean, it actually looked brand new! The breakfast buffet was very well prepared & presented.
The town of Guthrie was pretty interesting, we did just a quick sightseeing trip into town (the hotel is actually just off the freeway) before heading on to Kansas City (thanks to the hotel staff for the tips on that leg of our journey too!)
This stay was so nice, I am actually kind of sad to say that I don't anticipate our travels will take us into this town again, because if it did, you know we would be staying here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family