TripAdvisor
Guthrie
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews grounds are beautiful relaxing getaway claw foot bathtub my husband and i were looking boutique hotel off the charts one night loved our stay hidden treasure honeymoon suite gracious hosts excellent breakfast checking out comfortable beds bed and breakfast the owner next morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had such a great time at dominion house! We went biking around the town and had dinner at the wonderful 602 bistro!!! So romantic and so much fun!!! Definitely enjoyed ourselves!!! Can't wait to go back!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DominionHouse, Manager at Dominion House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dominion House Boutique Hotel and for taking a moment to write this wonderful review. We are so glad that you were able to take the bikes and ride and see our historic town. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

I grew up in Guthrie and this historic treasure was an old abandoned children's home many moons ago. Several years ago some developers bought it, made it an adorable wedding venue and as of recently made it a boutique hotel and restaurant. We wanted a night away to go back "home" so I booked a room at the Dominion House. I booked the cozy petite King room, as we were just staying one night and didn't want to spend alot of money for just 1 night.
Check in was quick and easy and we were shown to our room.
Immediately upon entry into the Room I noticed that it seemed pretty warm in the room. We looked for a thermostat in our room and could not find one. It seems that there was only 1 air conditioning vent in the room and no thermostat in sight. There was a bedside fan in the room that we turned on and hopes that our room would cool down before bedtime that night. The Room had a king size bed and had a bathroom with toilet and sink and a separate shower on the other side of the Room. The bathroom did not have much counter space at all and the shower placement on the other side of the Room was interesting. There was a small refrigerator in the Room with a bottle of water. There is also a small coffee pot with Creamer and Coffee essentials. The Room also had a few toiletries such as Body wash, lotion, shower cap ect. We had dinner reservations at 6:30 p.m. outside on the patio I will write a separate review on the 602 page about that experience. After dinner we went out to downtown for a while and returned to our room around midnight. The room was still very warm. We usually like to sleep with the thermostat out about 68゚ and the room was easily about 74-75.
We each took a cold shower to try to cool ourselves off for we went to bed. We did not sleep very well due to the temperature in the room. It was very warm and humid. The king size bed was very plush almost too plush. I felt like my hips were sinking down into the mattress and had a hard time getting comfortable. Breakfast is included with your stay. When we woke up we went a downstairs for breakfast. We were given a small cup of fruit and a delicious chocolate muffin. We were then given a small menu to choose from. Most of the items seem to be egg, potato, and meat dishes, just prepared differently. My husband's order was not correct as the chef made the wrong thing but he ate it anyways since it was basically the same ingredients. It would have been nice to have salt and pepper in the table and maybe a self serve coffee and juice bar. After breakfast we walked around out in the garden area and it's very beautiful. When we checked in we were not allowed to go to the garden area due to a wedding that was taking place and were told that we could not go to the garden area until after about 7:30 p.m, so we went after breakfast. Overall I would recommend this place as I romantic getaway for couples or even for girls weekend. However I would not stay in the same room again and I would ask if the room I was staying in had its own thermostat that could be controlled.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking a moment to review us. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We are sorry that you room was warmer than you would have like, and we will look into this. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Dominion House is the kind of place that you visit when you appreciate beautiful surroundings, guilty pleasures, and history that keeps you wanting to come back for more. My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying in a queen room one night and a grand king the second night. Both rooms had unique aspects and the staff truly tried to make this visit memorable.
My daughter was turning 15 and I wanted to have a weekend she would never forget. When I asked her what she wanted to do, she said that she wanted to go visit her first boyfriend who happens to live in Guthrie. We live in Tulsa and I decided that I would make this weekend unforgettable for her. I think I did.
Here are some things that I believe the hotel could work on. The grounds are impeccable-no problems there. Blowing the sidewalks at 8 am-not so nice. The maids were nice. Chocolate on the pillow and offer for turndown service-nice. Calling for it and getting an answering machine-not so nice. Never getting a turndown service-not so nice. If you are going to offer it, do it. If you aren't, then don't. No cold water in your room the second night. Call for it. Get a recording. Go and try to get it, it's locked-not so nice. Have front attendant open it up for you and give you water. You ask for one perrier and a few kids drinks and ask how much do you owe. Get told to not worry about it-nice. Get told the next day that you are being charged-no problem, but being told in a not so nice way, not nice. Needing the room for just a few more minutes so that your husband can bring your daughter a dress she forgot and being told yes, but no more than the 20 minutes you asked for-not nice. Watching as the maids are cleaning all the other rooms on the floor and giving us another hour probably wouldn't have been a big deal-not nice. It's just the little things, you know? It's the little things that will keep people coming back again and again. We notice the little things.
The front attendants were pretty nice. More meetings need to happen on how to give guests a tour of the property. It is so important that they know more about the history of this beautiful place. I never got a tour. I tried to get one multiple times, but employees were either not educated or had no interest in showing me around. I even arrived early and stayed for two days. There were plenty of opportunities. What a shame!
We were not planning on staying two days, but decided at the last minute to come early. We had to move rooms which was no problem, but I kept wondering if they were as full as they said and if they would have just asked me and tried to find something perfect for this bday weekend, I think I would have been really wowed. If I wanted to upgrade my stay, I would have, but nobody ever asked me. I was just asked if I didn't mind moving. I didn't mind. Both rooms were so beautiful and unique, but I think that could have been smoother.
For breakfast, the younger girls watching over things were nice overall, but when I asked if they had pancakes or anything sweet for my daughter's bday breakfast, I felt like more could have been said to me. Like they could have said, "we have muffins and fruit." Instead, it was we have only these things on the menu and it was said quite curt like I noticed the fruit and muffins in front of another guest and then I asked for them. You should consider having half and half available. You shouldn't have to ask for a spoon. That was weird. Some things should just be given.
You are asked if you want creamers. There are just so much going back and forth. It doesn't have to be like that. The items on the menu are the same things just repeated five different ways-not very original. This is an easy fix. Provide a few things. It is advertised a buffet. It isn't a buffet, which I was very happy about. The breakfast is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's presentation could be so much better. Your servers have to come and go and open and close those french doors over and over again. It looked painful. But the girls were very sweet and they worked hard. I just think that for this caliber of property, this should be where you can really shine with hospitality.
Dinner on Saturday night was great! Our server was sweet and the food was good.
I spent a lot of money Saturday night on my daughter's boyfriend's family, but I was happy to do it. He even took our picture on the stairs.
Anyway, the Dominion House has so much going for it. It's clean and beautiful Hospitality in my opinion needs to exude from staff and although you could tell many were passionate about your property, there were others that left me feeling that I wasn't special and all guests want to feel special. I know that I do that since I have been in the industry. I do love your hotel and if I am ever able to visit again, I shall.

Kara,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us. We appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 18, 2019

We found an Oklahoma hidden treasure when we found the Dominion House! This historical property was gorgeous from front to back. The rooms were so elegant, romantic and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding. Chef Jody gave us a personal touch. The staff was so friendly. We didn’t seem to meet a
stranger. The add-on packages were well worth the extra money. Close enough to Edmond and the city that you couldn’t ask for more. We will definitely be returning to the Dominion House.

Date of stay: July 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DominionHouse, General Manager at Dominion House, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

We could not be happier reading this review! We are delighted to know that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed your 25th anniversary with us. We will be sure to let Chef Jody know that you enjoyed breakfast. Thanks again for taking a moment to review us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 17, 2019

The Dominion House is not only beautiful, but the staff is amazing! I felt welcomed and at home from the moment we arrived! Our room was beautiful and clean. The millwork and decor was gorgeous! The linens were amazing and so comfortable! The restaurant was a real joy to have a meal in. The staff treated us like royalty! We will definitely go back!!

Room tip: Room 103 is at the end of the hall and at the end of the building so we had windows on 3 sides with gorgeous views!
Date of stay: July 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are truly flattered! Thank you for taking a moment to review Dominion House Boutique Hotel! We could not be more thrilled to read you comments and hear about your wonderful time with us. We will be sure to share your great comments with the staff. We hope to see you again soon!