“Wow! Great Place to Stay”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Guthrie
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just returned home from visiting Oklahoma for a family reunion. We were absolutely amazed by not only the wonderful staff, but also the VERY clean rooms and wonderful breakfast at the Guthrie Sleep Inn and Suites. It was way beyond what we expected. This hotel is truly a diamond in the rough. We've stayed in some pretty nice places across the country and we've never been treated as well as we were here. And the price is a fraction of what this hotel is really worth. We will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2008

As a self-proclaimed overprotective mother, I am very selective about the hotels I choose. This hotel was far more than what I expected! The rooms were super clean-even the cracks of the baseboards! Each bed in our room had four pillows-just as the photos on the internet depict! I was, however, unaware that the only rooms with bathtubs are specifically for handicapped guests.
My family loved the continental breakfast-fresh waffles, juices, muffins, cereals, coffee-you name it and it was available in the “café” area.
So, how about the indoor pool? Not bad! I usually cringe when my kids want to swim in a hotel pool, but at this hotel, the indoor pool area was extremely clean and well maintained.
I, as a very picky mother, would recommend this hotel to any traveler that is looking for a clean place to stay in Guthrie.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 011409b
Reviewed March 15, 2008

We got in very late, around midnight, but a very friendly and helpful lady was there waiting for us. We had a very nice and clean room with a queen and double bed, very unusual for a handicapped room. Beds were good, room was quiet.

The breakfast was very good for continental - they had a belgian waffle maker, fresh fruit and fruit juice.

If I had to stay for more than a night in Guthrie, I would definitely stay here. It is rare to find such friendly staff, especially late night!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while enroute to Kansas City for Thanksgiving. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean and nice sized. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. After getting to our room, we realized that the room only had a shower. For only $3 more they moved us to a handicapped room with a tub, so all was well. There are a couple of restaurants within about a half mile, as well as a nicely stocked gas station / convenience store. The hotel also had a pretty descent breakfast with hot waffles, cereal, etc.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Two adults and two kids (14 and 10) stayed here in mid-July 2007. We need to stay somewhere on our I-35 trips between MN and TX, and Guthrie was the choice this time. The hotel is nice and similar to other "better" Sleep Inns we have visited. The pool, breakfast, and wireless Internet were all fine. There is a mini-park on the back side of the hotel which is nice for those with small kids who need to dissipate some energy. Guthrie has quite a bit of history, and is a worthwhile stop on I-35. We will probably stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2006

I stayed at the Sleep Inn on Friday the 13th but there was nothing scary about the experience at all. :) I researched ahead of time to see the reviews on tripadvisor.com but didn't book it ahead of time because I wasn't sure if I'd be stopping there for the night. We did end up stopping there so I booked the room at the front desk. The hotel was very full so the only thing they had left was smoking rooms. They gave me a key to the room so I could review the room before booking. They also discounted my room rate due to it being a smoking room and gave me some industrial spray to use to try to omit the smoke smell. I appreciated all of their efforts. The rooms are nicely appointed, clean and have nice bathroom areas. The sink and mirror are in the room itself and the toilet and shower are separate. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast or pool so I can't comment on those but it was good to know they were available. This hotel is in a great location, has fantastic service and is a great value for the money. I highly recommend it if you happen to be in Guthrie, OK.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank nan1217
Reviewed August 18, 2006

Clean hotel with an easy location to access off I-35 puts you within a short drive of Guthrie, Perkins, Coyle and Langston. This is a pretty new property, and the rooms were extremely clean. We requested a rollaway crib for our room, which was in the room when we arrived (though we decided to use the Pack-n-Play we brought instead of the crib). We loved the indoor pool (which was great to escape the Oklahoma heat and the hot tub. The free continental breakfast was average, but good to be able to eat there. If you're visiting Guthrie or just passing through, this is the perfect place for a family stay.

Stayed: July 2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
0 mi away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
#39 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
#8 of 14 in Edmond

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!