“Eating 1950's Style”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is an old established small town cafe that goes back to early 1900's.. It's decor is 1950's signs and household items. The food is burgers, steaks and BBQ and is usually very good. The portions are large. The BBQ Buffet is probably the best "deal." when it comes to variety and quantity. It is worth visiting just to see the old household items that are scattered throughout the restaurant. There is usually a wait for seating from 5 to 7 p.m. I have not been there during the lunch hour.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

The food was good. The service was ok. The wait was long.

Reviewed December 26, 2011

This is a great restaurant in Guthrie. Its family owned and operated. The chicken fried steak is HUGH! And it is delicious. You get salad and sides and believe me you can't leave hungry. The portions are big. Get Lucas as a waiter if possible, he is great at his job and will remember you when you come back. It has a great atmosphere and good food. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

1  Thank calena h
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Long wait, over 30 minutes from order to service. Paid way too much for a burnt burger that McDonalds' 99¢ mcdouble put to shame. My wife complained and was very rudely told that there was a new cook.
Just don't do it...

2  Thank jimmoore1969
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I think this place must have sold me on its small-town Americana charm. It offered little more. Our burgers were like hockey pucks. If those fries were cooked fresh when I ordered them, then I'll eat my hat. The salad bar was poorly constructed--to actually reach any of the vegetables you had to reach into the very center of the bar. I'm six feet tall, so I have longish arms, and this was a feat even for me. It wasn't revolting, it just wasn't that good.