“Absolutely Relaxing!”
Review of Arcadian Getaways

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
Arcadian Getaways
Reviewed August 15, 2012

My husband and I spent his birthday weekend at the Parrots Cove cottage. It was awesome. Not only was it tropical and fun, it was relaxing. It was tucked away in the woods and very private. We enjoyed the jacuzzi, sauna and european spa shower. The cottage was stocked with everything you need, so no need to bring a bunch of extra things. Well, I would say bring a few bottles of water if you don't drink tap water. After sitting in the jacuzzi or sauna you need water and they provide two bottles. It's no big deal because we had our own. The bed was so awesome. I don't think we've slept that peacefully in years. Great special touches they add like your names on the doors, the mint on the pillows that remind you to kiss each other goodnight and the spa amentities make it even more special. We've stayed at the Inn in Edmond on three other times and thought the breakfast was great so we were a little worried about the breakfast that was left in the fridge for us to prepare. No worries. I think it was even better! The instructions were simple and so easy to follow. It didn't take more than 6 minutes out of the morning. The quiche was to die for! They've really outdone themselves with the cottages. I love that they've made a place for husbands and wives to remember why they fell in love and nurture their marriage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Badammutterfly, Owner at Arcadian Getaways, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

"I love that they've made a place for husbands and wives to remember why they fell in love and nurture their marriage" Our absolute goal! Thank you for posting! We try to create the perfect atmosphere, you bring the love, fun and friendship.

There are newer reviews for Arcadian Getaways

Reviewed April 20, 2012

We have stayed at the barn and loved that then my husband surprised me with a stay at parrots cove for our 10year anniversary. He also surprised me with a couples massage and a romance package. I didnt think the first stay could be topped but it was! Next the French Hen;)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelissaF369329
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I have stayed at Aarons Gate three times and cant wait to stay there again!! The owners are very sweet people and they welcomed us with our names on the door,very nice touch i thought.The atmosphere was outstanding in all the rooms, but parrot's cove cottage made me feel like i was on a deserted tropical island. The food that these people serve is magnificent !!!!!! I promise you if your not in love before you go to Aarons Gate , you will be by the time you leave.(wink)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We started going to the Arcadian Inn in 1994. My sweetheart, at the time we weren't married, asked me what I would like for my birthday..I told him the only thing that would work for me was 24 hours away from everything with just him. He told me that was not possible. But one evening he took me to Arcadian Inn where we stayed in the Garden room...It was the best ever!! Gary and Martha made our stay wonderful. Two years later almost to the day, we went back for our wedding night where we stayed in Remembrance. A beautiful beginning to a wonderful marriage of 15 years this last month.. Since then we have stayed in almost every room at the Inn and then came the cottages. We have stayed in all the cottages at least twice. We love the Inn and because we live in the country the cottages are really special to us. The cottages are out on a dirt road far away from the maddening crowds. :) You get a small cabin complete with your own kitchen, dining area, sitting area, large TV, king size bed, breakfast in the fridge..but that is not all..you also have a hot tub, sauna, Jacuzzi tub, extra large shower and your own private little porch..My husband and I stay at least once a year and sometimes twice!! Martha and Gary are great hosts!! If you have time and want to get away but not go far..its the place to go..Aaron's Gate in Guthrie, Oklahoma

Room Tip: All the rooms are great..we usually get one that goes right outside but only because my husband smok...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jbug799
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at Aaron's Gate for several of our anniversaries and other special occassions. There are four cottages: French Hen, Parrot's Cove, Meadowlark Barn, and Copper Dove. Each cottage has a different theme, but all include breakfast (ready in the fridge for you), snacks, movies, games, king sized bed, hot tub, whirlpool bathtub, gigantic shower, and suana. I can't say enough about the Hall's and the romantic sanctuary they have created with Aaron's Gate! The food is fantastic; the cottages are spotless and well stocked with everything you need (even a full kitchen complete with cooking utensils).

Be prepared to take a dirt road, however, as Aaron's Gate is secluded. You will have to stop at the Arcadian Inn in Edmond to pick up the keys to your cottage and directions. While at the Arcadian Inn, make a stop at the gift shop.

Room Tip: One word of caution: if you have trouble with stairs, do not stay at the Meadlowlark Barn as it is a...
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife & I stayed at Aarons gate several years ago and thought it was wonderful. That was then - this is now. The cleaning was awful and the maintenance was weak as well. The toilet was dirty, the shower was in very poor condition, the sinks were stained, the hot tub porch was filthy, etc. In general, it seems this place is getting run down. Too bad. I won't be going back & I would not reccomend. Some very nice cabins can be found in Thackerville for half the money & they are nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank MrClean2011
Badammutterfly, Owner at Arcadian Getaways, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

As we responded to "MrClean" over the phone and via email, we thanked him for his constructive criticism and felt we had made an appropriate and generous response to his concerns. We believed he was satisfied with that response as well.

After a record-breaking long hot dry summer with many problems due to the heat, we immediately reviewed his valid concerns and addressed them. Our family-run business welcomes our friends and guests to visit and let us make their stay comfortable.

Thank you again to "Mr. Clean" for his review. A complaint is a gift.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed at the Meadowlark Barn Aaron's gate cottage for a night away from the kids and it was wonderful. Very romantic, private and cozy. I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting a private night away.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mrosenthal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Home2 Suites by Hilton Edmond
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Best Western Edmond Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie

Been to Arcadian Getaways? Share your experiences!