The Stone Lion Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie(Guthrie)(Great Value!)
$71
La Quinta
$81
Hotels.com
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie(Guthrie)(Great Value!)
$62
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmurder mysterywhite peacockthe ownermy husband and ifood was greatnext morninggroup of friendsgreat funghost storiessoupred brickcan't wait to go backbed and breakfastother guestswedding suitefun experiencefun night
Reviewed August 6, 2010

My husband and I just went to our second murder mystery dinner at the Stone Lion Inn. Both times, we had a blast, and we'll definitely go back again. With a variety of murder mysteries, you can count on a unique experience each time.

We went with friends each time we went, and going with another couple or a small group just adds to the fun. The first time, we stayed in the "Caretaker's Cottage," with our friends on the adjoining side of the cottage. This time, we stayed in the Bordello suite, which had a huge sitting room/porch and a super-comfy bed.

Rebecca is a terrific hostess at both the mystery dinner and at breakfast as she tells the haunted history of the Stone Lion Inn. We only had one "ghostly experience"--something fell off our bedside table during the night. I thought my husband knocked it off, but he says that he didn't. The next morning, there was nothing on the floor by the table. Hmmm...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had such a great time, the murder mystrey was lots of fun, the rooms were great and dinner was excellent. Would go back again. The best Birthday present a husband could give.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We did our 2nd murder mystery at the Stone Lion just this past weekend. (Our 1st one there was in '05). As usual, it was a wonderful time!

The period mysteries are always fun to participate in and try to figure out. The food is superb! And the Victorian setting of the Stone Lion is always an enjoyable stay. This makes 3 nights and slept like a baby all 3.

Will be back again someday! (Hopefully soon!)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Came for the Murder Mystery/ Dinner... ended up staying for the lodging. The entire experience was new and refreshing for someone that gets bored easily and used to boring restaurant food. Everything was pretty great here. I have read some reviews on here and honestly I disagree completely with the negative ones. The hostess/owner was very fun and lively and really made an effort to make sure everyone enjoyed themselves. The house is old and of course isn't perfect, but refreshing to someone used to staying in Westin and Hyatt. The appetizers were standard but the main course was awesome. The mystery theater was fun and inventive and everyone really enjoyed participating in their roles. Probably the most fun I have had in a while. I didn't really experience any scary stuff, but I enjoyed the scary stories the next morning after. Oh, also the best breakfast food I've ever had in lodging.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2010

after reading some of the reviews I was a little cocerned about the getting my moneys worth. It was mine and my daughters bd, of course I always want that to be fun. We had a wonderful time, lots of laughs and inspite of the reviews about the food we thought it was above average. certainly much better than we expected. The owner/cordinator was a bit agressive, but she was in character and it took alot of crowd control with 45 people. don"t worry and fret too much about the costume, do the best you can and have a good time. we liked it very much and plan on going again. I can't comment on the rooms we droveback to okc after it was over. 4 stars worth of fun for us.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends