“Murder Mystery was great, room was disappointing”
Review of The Stone Lion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guthrie
The Stone Lion Inn
Ranked #1 of 14 Guthrie B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed the night at Stone Lion and attended the murder mystery. Parking is a nightmare,everyone trying to get in and out at the same time without actually having a parking lot. Everyone parks in the yard,so bad that we actually had a fender bender due to someone parking a foot from us as we were backing out. Receiving staff was not friendly,basically just "come here, give me your money, get out of my way." Didn't even say hello,just immediately started telling us where to go. The murder mystery was great, dessert could have been better. Small bite size cheesecake to be picked up on your way to the parlor for the mystery was a little disappointing.Wonderful "host" for the evening, was very good at directing such a large group and never ever strayed from character.The room was below average, and for around $200, I wasn't impressed. The bathroom had an outdoor sink with outdoor facets installed although it was put indoors, no room for bathroom toiletries. Jacuzzi tub was good. TV was very small, the big selling point for our room was cable TV, and the screen was 20 inches. The bed mattress and springs were very old, my husband and I kept sinking into the middle of the bed.Train coming through town woke us up twice, once at 1AM and again at around 4AM. We weren't impressed with the room. We did have the advantage of having breakfast delivered to our room, which was fantastic. All in all, I wouldn't pay that much to stay the night again, but the murder mystery was great.

Room Tip: Skip the overnight stay and book the murder mystery. You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Stone Lion Inn

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed went with a group of 8 friends to the Murder Mystery dinner, and had a wonderful time!! The murder mystery was hilarious. I loved how everyone dressed up and really got into their roles. The multi-course dinner was very nice. My husband and I stayed overnight in the Inn that night, and enjoyed our room, although it was a little loud from all the Oklahoma wind whistling in the windows. Breakfast was delicious and the proprietor's stories were so funny that we still retell them. Altogether a great time!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I and two other couples attended a murder mystery at Stone Lion Inn on Dec. 8, 2012. We arrived a little early and walked around downtown Guthrie for a while. It is a quaint downtown area with beautiful architecture. We then checked into the Inn and dressed for our "murder" and dinner. The entire experience was wonderful! Dinner was excellent (as was breakfast the next morning), and the "murder" was so much fun. Our friends enjoyed it as much as we did. I would highly recommend this for a night out. Besides being so fun, we felt it was a really good value. Just make a reservation and go! You won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Debbie T
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have to say the most fun and awesome experience. This was the first Murder Mystery my husband and I had ever attended. We went with our best friends. We were transported back to the time period, place, and events of the script. I just loved it from beginning to end. I didn't want it to be over. We were fortunate to extend out stay in The White Peacock (the egyptian room). The whole experience was so enjoyable.The owner and staff are informative and entertaining. The food was delish. I would highly recommend The Stone Lion Inn, The White Peacock, and you can not miss the murder mystery dinner. Darla R.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My Husband and I attended the murder mystery alone. We had a good time. The fun really began when we set out to fine clothes in the Vintage shops around OKC and Edmond. We stayed in the Stone Lion Inn in the Bordello Room. The dinner and breakfast were excellent and I believe that our room was haunted as the door opened and closed itself many times during our over night. The best part was the play. I would encourage everyone to treat themselves to a happy and joyous weekend. Uta was great. Lynn Wilson 11/09/12

1  Thank Lynn W
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I attended a murder mystery with three other couples.We stated in the Stone Lion Inn.We had a wonderful time. Our evening meal and breakfast the next morning was great.I really enjoyed all the costumes. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to get away for a fun file evening.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My husband and I attended the mystery with another couple. We stayed in the guest cottage. We had a wonderful time! The staff was very nice and the food was good. The cottage was a perfect set up for 2 couples looking for an enjoyable time together. We liked the fact that we had privacy from the other guest and our rooms were adjoining. I would definitely would do this again! I loved the costumes and staying in our characters.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guthrie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Guthrie
Hampton Inn & Suites Guthrie
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond
Townhouse Motel
Townhouse Motel
#5 of 7 in Guthrie
Americas Best Value Inn - Guthrie
Best Western Edmond Inn & Suites

Been to The Stone Lion Inn? Share your experiences!