“Average”
Review of Stonebrook Inn

Stonebrook Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Grove
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice rom size. We upgraded to 2 room site with full kitchen. Carpet stained/discolored. Breakfast barely edible. Pet ok with $25/d fee. Nothing really remarkable or memorable about this hotel. There are other motels closer to own and attractions which would be preferable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jbcardio
hitesh p, Manager at Stonebrook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear jbcardio, Thank you for your review of our property. On perusing our records we found that you had paid a pet fee of $10 per day and not $25/d as you mentioned. If you would look to the receipts you would notice the anomaly.

As for the breakfast being "barely edible" we would have appreciated it if you would have bought it to our notice. Was the cereal not crisp enough, were the biscuits with sausage patties and gravy not up to your palate? Were the muffins and danish pastry not good enough? Please be specific and we will do our utmost to correct it.

Though we feel that your review may be biased or instigated we will strive to improve our service and product, to levels that pre-empt such reviews of our property.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Stonebrook Inn

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cheap, rough, small towels, loud plumbing noises, old furnishings, not clean, horrible breakfast, jelly was old & rubbery, lights were turned off everywhere, didn't feel safe, employees we saw were not proficient in English. No shampoo, soap or cups in room. Picture & ad very misleading!

• Stayed: February 2013
4  Thank Chink59
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Room was very clean, comfortable & quiet. The pillow-top mattress was absolutely divine; best sleep I've gotten in a long time! Plenty of wall plug-ins for our computer & cell phone chargers. Enjoyed having a fridge in the room. Shower had plenty of hot water. Staff was helpful & courteous. Nice, relaxing lobby. Hotel conveniently located near downtown shops & eateries. Husband, a fisherman, was pleased that the hotel was just down the street from a boat launch for Grand Lake. The hotel has a bit of wear, but for the price, we could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jo G
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how good the service was Stonebrook Inn. They were very kind and willing to help. As far as the room goes, It was everything I would expect for the price. If I am ever back in Grove, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nick G
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were invited to attend a wedding in Grove, Oklahoma---a place we had never been before. We booked a room at the Stonebrook Inn and were so pleasantly surprised with our choice.
The rooms were clean and cool. The beds were comfortable and the linens were fresh.
Our room had a refrigerator and microwave which we used for snacks and drinks---very convenient.
The kids enjoyed the pool and it was sparkling clean with plenty of seating for parents to watch their children.
The staff was professional, courteous and quick to assist us.
Ahhh...the shower!!! Plenty of hot water and great water pressure!!!! Such a relief to get a hot shower every morning.
We did not eat breakfast at the hotel as we had family functions each morning so I cannot speak to how the food is, however if it is as good as everything else then I'm sure it was phenomenal.
We will recommend the Stonebrook Inn to anyone traveling to Grove. If we ever have occasion to return to Grand Lake we will stay there again.
A truly wonderful little gem.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Below I’ve listed the positive and negatives of my recent stay. I was fooled by the good reviews and I'm honestly confused as to why there is so many. Don't make the same mistake I did and take the hotel's rating as a good sign. While I encourage you to go elsewhere, a vast majority of readers will feel that I’m embellishing or exaggerating. I am honestly doing neither. Words cannot do justice to how crappy this place is and the only real way to grasp this is to stay one night for yourself. Should you chose to “risk” a stay for yourself and disregard my review I have 4 words for you…I Told You So.

Positive:
1. Staff is friendly (except for the person that continued to wake us up in the morning to clean our room. More info on this below).

Negatives:
1. Walked into the room to find 2 dead spiders on the bathroom floor - obviously room was not cleaned. Also had a about 1/32 of a roll of toilet paper left.
2. Very difficult to describe...but when the toilet is flushed the pipes in the wall make an extremely loud noise. Words cannot do this 10 second freight train justice. It is not possible to sleep through someone going to the bathroom and flushing. We did discover on our second day that running the cold water in the sink countered the noise - a plumber is desperately needed.
3. Continuing in the bathroom... Imagine the cheapest bath towel from your local Piggly Wiggly/Cheapo Depo (yes, this is a store in the local area). Next cut the size of the towel in half and you would have Stonebrook inn towels. I'm surprised they do not have a sandpaper grit rating on them. Very rough and uncomfortable. Not sure if I could find towels as bad as these if I tried.
4. The bed linens were bought in the aisle next to the towels. They do not fit the bed and are clearly the cheapest possible.
5. I did research to determine if the area was recently flooded, anything to explain the floor. The floor was extremely damp, not dripping wet, but damp. Perhaps this has something to do with the poor plumbing?
6. Possible explanation for item 5 would be a hot water leak since hot water is a rare commodity at an hour of the day. Luke warm water was just to the point that the shower was doable, however, the cold showers reminded me of my combat showers in Afghanistan...an experience I'm not trying to pay in order to relive.
7. In reference to my first and only positive comment, after our first encounter with the cleaning man, I realized that his entry was my fault and I should have used the "Do Not Disturb" sign. Unfortunately I soon discovered that this hotel does not offer this common amenity. Wow.
8. "Hot" Breakfast. Very misleading. The "hot" comes from you microwaving items. You have about a 2'x2' area of "food" to select from. Coffee tastes like cardboard. We skipped this "benefit" of our stay.
9. Overall, the room in general is just bad. The furniture is old and damaged. The picture above my bed had a crack in the glass. Just an overall crappy room. Few specifics are above, but realize the list is not all inclusive.
10. I'd now like to comment on the "room amenities" as listed on expedia (yes, I should have paid closer attention before I booked...lesson learned):
•Complimentary weekday newspaper - check
•Refrigerator - check
•Microwave - no check for this one, they count the one in the front office
•Daily housekeeping - duh, how is this an amenity?
•Hair dryer - check
•Shower/tub combination - so you're telling me I'll have a bathroom?
•Television - technically yes, from the 1980s (not an exaggeration)
•Iron/ironing board (on request) - and the board is the size of a small poodle.
•Cable television service - check
•Free Wi-Fi - check
•Sofa bed size queen - not sure what this one is about.
•Pillowtop mattress - check
•Signature bedding - wow, this is a border line lie. Unless by "signature" they mean cheap and uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank David v
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The stay was pleasant and I stayed there several different times. The rooms are nice.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Michael K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grove
Best Western TimberRidge Inn
Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
Econo Lodge Miami
Econo Lodge Miami
#6 of 8 in Miami

Been to Stonebrook Inn? Share your experiences!