“Great random find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Okie Smokie's BBQ
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Grove
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Dallas, United States
“Great random find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Currently living in the great state of Texas, you would think we would have great BBQ on every street corner. However, the wife and I continually have bad luck with BBQ places in the Dallas area. Maybe it's the fact that we like our BBQ more on the sweet side??

Anyways, we were visiting Grove, OK and on a spur of the moment move, turned into this little gem off of the main street. Upon walking in, we noticed their Saturday special - burnt ends! Totally awesome! Something we have always heard about at BBQ places but had never experienced before. My wife ended up getting this special, while I got the pork rib 1 meat combo(comes with two sides) and my father in law got the rib and smoked sausage combo. After ordering, we proceeded to sit at one of their nice picnic benches.

The food was brought out to us within about 5 minutes. We chowed down to discover some great, great BBQ. My wife's burnt ends were flavorful. She could hardly get out between bites that it was some of the best BBQ that she has ever had. My ribs were nice and moist, falling off the bone with a good amount of fat on it to keep it juicy. My father in law similarly enjoyed his plate. I tried both of their BBQ sauces that sit at each table, their original and their sweet version. Both very, very good. I liked the sweet the best. If I had to take an educated guess, I think the sweet version had some sort of Jack Daniel flavoring.

For my sides, I got the green beans and the baked beans (they were out of the Mac and Cheese - a shame) and both were pretty good. I liked the baked beans the best. The green beans were slightly too watery and a little bit mushy for my taste though. My wife ended up getting the sweet potato fries, which came with some sort of apple cinnamon glaze. She couldn't stop raving about how good it was.

The décor and eating environment was a step up from the normal BBQ experience you see at my places. It was clean and the picnic table setting was nice. There was even Christian music playing, which was great. And several times as we ate, the employees (owners?) stopped by to chat for a little bit, which was very welcoming, on top of the awesome foods.

Anyways, we were so glad we ran into this place and if we happen to roll through Grove again, this will be at the top of our eating out list. Great, great BBQ.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrew T

Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United States
“Great barbeque, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had pulled pork sandwiches and the meat was tender, juicy and tasty, the buns were melt in your mouth and unfortunately I couldn't stop eating the fries.

• Visited July 2014
Owasso
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Great BBQ - chicken, ribs, pulled pork, bologna....can't complain about any of it! Sides included some great potato salad, beans.....try your bologna glazed......we will be back!!!

• Visited May 2014
“Nice find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We found this place while visiting the lake. Very clean and friendly. Manager offered free food to each table. The loaded baked potato was great. The fried pickles were ok. Great little BBQ place if you do not like chain restaurants.

“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We found this place on trip advisor. It was very clean and the staff was overly friendly.

The smoked meats were great. The kids chicken strip dinners were a good value.

We look forward to coming back again.