“Nice Breakfast Buffet”

Cuisines: American
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Nice Breakfast Buffet”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food and service was good here but nothing to send it over the top as a place you have to visit. If you are in or near Grove, stop in. I wish we hadn’t had plans or I would have been back for the catfish that night. Still, the items on the breakfast buffet were nice. The eggs seemed to be not exactly cracked right there. The nice plus were the cinnamon rolls at the end. Other than that, very basic breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, grits, and fresh fruit.

• Visited August 2014

Grove, Oklahoma
“good home cooking”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We eat at Drake's probably once a week usually for breakfast. It's nothing fancy--just good home cooking. The selection isn't large and doesn't change but that's OK 'cause we go when I don't feel like cooking.

• Visited June 2014
“Very poor”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

My sandwich was "ok" but the other issues overshadowed that.

My tater tots tasted like catfish (which they were serving as well.). The waitress took a bite of bread and licked her finger before grabbing my sandwich plate from the kitchen.

Overall, very poor experience.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Friendly diner with good food”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I got the chance to have breakfast here, and I had a good experience. The portions were big, and I could not believe how cheap it was. I was traveling with my dad, and he recommended Drake's since he had visited the restaurant several times when he was in Grove on business. Our server was very friendly, and my dad recognized her as one of the waitresses who had been there for years. I think that says a great deal!

Visited April 2014
Muldrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Drake's Restaurant”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we arrived in Grove, we were still getting our bearings and hungry. Drake's was on Hwy 59 in town. We stopped for the convenience of the location.
There seemed to be a lot of locals which is usually a good indication of food.
The service was okay. Waitress was average.
Our lunch was $11 for the two of us and we got just what we paid for. The burger my husband ordered was greasy and my open face sandwich was bland, potatoes cold and the ranch dressing was watered down.
We won't be return diners.

• Visited October 2013