“Friendly diner with good food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Drakes
Ranked #22 of 55 Restaurants in Grove
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fort Worth, Texas
“Friendly diner with good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I got the chance to have breakfast here, and I had a good experience. The portions were big, and I could not believe how cheap it was. I was traveling with my dad, and he recommended Drake's since he had visited the restaurant several times when he was in Grove on business. Our server was very friendly, and my dad recognized her as one of the waitresses who had been there for years. I think that says a great deal!

Visited April 2014

Muldrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Drake's Restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we arrived in Grove, we were still getting our bearings and hungry. Drake's was on Hwy 59 in town. We stopped for the convenience of the location.
There seemed to be a lot of locals which is usually a good indication of food.
The service was okay. Waitress was average.
Our lunch was $11 for the two of us and we got just what we paid for. The burger my husband ordered was greasy and my open face sandwich was bland, potatoes cold and the ranch dressing was watered down.
We won't be return diners.

• Visited October 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“not a bad breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I are visiting from out of state. We wanted a cafe style breakfast and since Grove doesn't have a lot of choices, we went to Drakes. We went on Sunday 7:15am.There were only two other people in the restaurant and we seated ourselves.

Pros: Nice decor. It has a country kitchen theme. I was surprised with how nice the upholstery was.

Plenty of parking on either side of the building.

Our sever was prompt and polite. Neatly dressed and clean. She addressed my husband as "Sir"

Meals were delivered quickly. Our waters were topped off often.

Good value. For 2 waters, two breakfasts, plus tax, plus tip was $13.

The eggs looked funny, but they tasted just fine. The sausage link was "plural" on the menu (indicating the plate was served with least 2 sausage links). Only one came and it was just halved down the center. The sausage was really spicy. We ordered toast with our meals and mistakenly we were brought hash-browns. Our server did subsequently bring us the toast though. The hash-browns were different but in a good way. They weren't crunchy but instead kind of mushy. A different texture, but still good.

There is a Sunday breakfast buffet.

The taste of the food wasn't remarkable but I gave it 4 stars because the service, price, and decor were very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tulsa
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

If you're thinking of eating the breakfast buffet, walk out and go somehwere else. I've eaten army rations that were as goo as their eggs. Maybe ordering off the menu is OK, but I won't bother to try it again.

• Visited July 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great home cookin!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

County cafe style, get their special of the day or if you are hungry try the chicken fried steak. My wife had the turkey, dressing, tater, yummy!

Visited May 2013