“Grand Tower in Casion Choctaw & Resort 1st visit!”

Choctaw Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Grant B&B and Inns
Arlington, Texas
“Grand Tower in Casion Choctaw & Resort 1st visit!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Fabulous Hotel ..staff very friendly, casino actually smelled fresh! not as smoky unless you walk further in. the pool area WOW tons of tropicals. several pools and a 21 and over area which is great considering how many parents were not supervising their kids out there. Music , flaming volcanos , huge slide for kids, minature golf...lots to do ...cabana's a bit pricey , cafe's and inpool bar area...several hot tubs Resort price for one night under 200.00 well worth it. Eating area's in casino..were not very clean, coffee everywhere was old no matter where we got it even starbucks. Not much in the area itself to do soit was great they had so much inside to keep you there.

Room Tip: room was small but it was non smoking and higher up. no view, frig didnt really work soap was unreal...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Huthcins2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had to go to a funeral in Hugo,OK. There was VERY limited choice of where to stay so we picked Choctaw Casino & Resort. Our stay was for one night. Check-in was easy, but I will say the smoking rooms are really limited. If you have a preference of non-smoking rooms you are in luck. There are 60 rooms total. The rooms were almost completely booked-up for the night and for a Wed. night they is really amazing. The room we got was at the end of the hall so at least we didn't have to hear anyone else coming up to their rooms late. The decor is really nice and modern feeling. We had a king size bed that I have to say was as clean and comfortable as the top Vegas rooms. We had a view of the pool in the back so I can't really complain. Not like we were there for a vacation so didn't really matter to us. The room had a nice flat screen tv. Not a lot of channels, maybe 15? But the room was clean and the temp. was great. We like it ice col and we got just that. It was in May so it was nice to have the cool a/c when we came back up to the room. The bathrooms were very clean and a nice big tub. I will suggest, like I do with all hotels, bring a box fan if you like to sleep with some background noise. Most hotels don't have them and I can't sleep without one. The ice machine was down on the first floor but you can get free drinks down in the casino, self serve, so we never needed the ice. Now for the fun part: the casino and food. We at dinner at the Firehouse Grill & Buffet. Go get you free players club card BEFORE you go because you save $3.50 per players card. The "buffet" was the smallest I have ever seen. They didn't even have mac & cheese. The small salad bar was nice and the flank steak they had was very tender. The dessert bar was amazing. But I wouldn't go back to it only because the selections were extremely limited. You get more choices at CiCi's Pizza. The staff was half and half. The waitress was nice but seemed bothered to have to serve us. Not rude, but she must have been really tired. The lady who checked us in was great and friendly. Now, there was another girl that was at the register and was super rude. There was a woman in front of us with her family and was pregnant. The girl at the register keep remarking how big the pregnant lady was and amazed she wasn't due right then. Super rude comments from this girl and I would never employ someone who would say anything like that. The morning we were to leave we ate at the River Bar & Grill. Really good breakfast. They could try making their own hash browns, but other than that I thought it was a great deal. $5 for a full breakfast. Super nice staff at this restaurant. The gaming of course was limited. We don't play the games with "bingo" cards on them. But I did find a few slot machines that kept me up past 1 am so I was very happy with that. In Vegas I never get that. Spent $20 and cashed out at $100 so pretty happy. If I were in town again I would for sure stay here, just not eat at the Firehouse Grill & Buffet. Oh and we spent $80 on the room. When there are no other choices in town that really isn't a bad price :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sammy S
East Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We live within an hour's drive to the casino and usually just go to play slots but we decided to stay over one night recently. The hotel desk staff are very pleasant and friendly and we were offered a choice of what floor we wanted to stay on. We chose a first floor room that was just a few doors down from the casino. Despite the close proximity, the room was very quiet. I was surprised at how big the rooms are - lots of room to get around. Furnishings are beautiful and everything was very clean. The only small problem we had was the loud tv in the next room but a quick call to the front desk took care of that very quickly. Beds are very comfy.
Having been to the casino several times around dinner time, I can say that I would recommend going to the restaurant in the bar area and avoiding the buffet. The buffet food is just not very good quality. Tastes like a lot of what they put out is just opening cans and pouring them out. The restaurant is better - I had the 8 oz ribeye and while it was thin, it had good seasoning on it and tasted good. My husband had a club sandwich and fries which were okay. Nothing here is fabulous but you don't really come to a casino for the food, so it's not a big deal.
The casino has a huge variety of slots, if you like to play. It can get really crowded on weekend nights and you might have to search a little for an empty seat but if you are a night owl and can stay in there until the shuttle buses leave, taking most of the folks home, it empties out pretty quickly. Early Sunday mornings are a really good time - hardly anyone in there.
One warning - if you cannot tolerate cigarette smoke, this is not the place for you. I'm not a smoker but I can stand to be around it for short periods of time. When this place is crowded, I leave here feeling like I've smoked 2 packs. It is pervasive and seems to be THE place for smokers.
Overall, a fun place to go for an overnight get away. It is not resort quality like the Choctaw Casino in Durant OK, but they are making an effort and it's appreciated by those of us who live out "in the sticks."

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J'sMiMi
Wylie.Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed two night and had a nice stay. All the staff were helpfull and seem to enjoyed there job. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We had no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DavdLW
Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

The rooms are beautiful. The maid service was amazing. I was on the first floor, just a few steps from the casino, pool, etc. The pool is just absolutely gorgeous.

The staff.... 5 star hotel staff. Always smiling, always willing to help. The best :)

Room Tip: Book online, best rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ronaldndebbie
East Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is small but very nice and clean. The staff at the hotel and casino were super nice! We liked everything about this property!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank njdb
swink
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I was getting2 free rooms a month We found dried blood on toilet seat,a different time found blood on light switch.our alergys would always act up.Their buffet looks awesome but taste like crap.I found a poop in the pool this summer which I cant blame them for what a little kid does.After all that the last night I stayed there When my 11 year old boy got up from toilet and noticed he had sat in somebody elses dried blood Id had enough.!I called manager they came up with security took pictures of toilet and me and my girlfriend treating us like we are the ones screwing up.they gave me two free buffets,not even enough to cover my party of 5 well I decided to check out that night I may have cusssed but I was pretty mad as I told security I was leaving they said yes you are and they banned me for life from all choctaw casinos aint that a kick!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank markdashark73
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grant
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Paris
Days Inn Paris
#1 of 12 in Paris
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris

Been to Choctaw Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!