“Good for a quick overnight” 4 of 5 bubbles

Choctaw Casino & Resort
Choctaw Casino & Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Grant B&B and Inns
East Texas
“Good for a quick overnight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We live within an hour's drive to the casino and usually just go to play slots but we decided to stay over one night recently. The hotel desk staff are very pleasant and friendly and we were offered a choice of what floor we wanted to stay on. We chose a first floor room that was just a few doors down from the casino. Despite the close proximity, the room was very quiet. I was surprised at how big the rooms are - lots of room to get around. Furnishings are beautiful and everything was very clean. The only small problem we had was the loud tv in the next room but a quick call to the front desk took care of that very quickly. Beds are very comfy.
Having been to the casino several times around dinner time, I can say that I would recommend going to the restaurant in the bar area and avoiding the buffet. The buffet food is just not very good quality. Tastes like a lot of what they put out is just opening cans and pouring them out. The restaurant is better - I had the 8 oz ribeye and while it was thin, it had good seasoning on it and tasted good. My husband had a club sandwich and fries which were okay. Nothing here is fabulous but you don't really come to a casino for the food, so it's not a big deal.
The casino has a huge variety of slots, if you like to play. It can get really crowded on weekend nights and you might have to search a little for an empty seat but if you are a night owl and can stay in there until the shuttle buses leave, taking most of the folks home, it empties out pretty quickly. Early Sunday mornings are a really good time - hardly anyone in there.
One warning - if you cannot tolerate cigarette smoke, this is not the place for you. I'm not a smoker but I can stand to be around it for short periods of time. When this place is crowded, I leave here feeling like I've smoked 2 packs. It is pervasive and seems to be THE place for smokers.
Overall, a fun place to go for an overnight get away. It is not resort quality like the Choctaw Casino in Durant OK, but they are making an effort and it's appreciated by those of us who live out "in the sticks."

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J'sMiMi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wylie.Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed two night and had a nice stay. All the staff were helpfull and seem to enjoyed there job. The rooms were clean and well maintained. We had no problems.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DavdLW
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The rooms are beautiful. The maid service was amazing. I was on the first floor, just a few steps from the casino, pool, etc. The pool is just absolutely gorgeous.

The staff.... 5 star hotel staff. Always smiling, always willing to help. The best :)

Room Tip: Book online, best rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank ronaldndebbie
East Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel is small but very nice and clean. The staff at the hotel and casino were super nice! We liked everything about this property!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank njdb
swink
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

I was getting2 free rooms a month We found dried blood on toilet seat,a different time found blood on light switch.our alergys would always act up.Their buffet looks awesome but taste like crap.I found a poop in the pool this summer which I cant blame them for what a little kid does.After all that the last night I stayed there When my 11 year old boy got up from toilet and noticed he had sat in somebody elses dried blood Id had enough.!I called manager they came up with security took pictures of toilet and me and my girlfriend treating us like we are the ones screwing up.they gave me two free buffets,not even enough to cover my party of 5 well I decided to check out that night I may have cusssed but I was pretty mad as I told security I was leaving they said yes you are and they banned me for life from all choctaw casinos aint that a kick!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank markdashark73
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

It's hard to find. Grant actually seems to be small strip outside Hugo Oklahoma. My GPS couldn't find it and there are no signs to the Casino. The locals always thought we were looking for the main Casino in Durant, which kinda sounds like Grant. And they kept directing be to go back to where I started.

I got a room in the hotel which is part of the casino for $70.00 (It's $90 without a Government ID) The room was wonderful! It was large for a hotel room. The carpets looked brand new. The bed had a comforter. The TV is a 42 inch LCD. One light wouldn't work so I told one of the housekeepers and the maintenance guys showed up in about five minutes and greeted me by name. These people work hard to make you feel welcome. Even the Housekeepers greeted me.

The prices are not to be believed! As long as you have a Players Club card, which are free, their buffet usually runs from $5.99 to $7.99 except for Saturday night when it is $10.99 I went to the 10:99 and had oysters on the half shell, boiled shrimp, prime rib, cheesecake, etc and as much as you could eat.

The Casino isn't huge, but entirely acceptable. I never had any problem getting to a black jack table. They have something called Mini-Bacarat where you can just be ten dollars instead of fifty dollars. They have enough slot machines to offer a wide selection. The slot machines are also recent vintage.

Being treated like a King is going to cost some money, however this is the cheapest I have found. The experience was wonderful! I would like to retire there!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank RayHollabaugh
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

This Is Vivian Green, I am a restaurant hotel reviewer,
I stayed at The Choctaw Casino . Played the Casino . I ate at both of the restaurant and visited the Java cafe.
I stayed 2 seperarate nights at the Hotel During a busy Memorial weekend.
As soon as We arrived I was met with smiling faces and eager employees wanting to make our stay and gaming the best it could be.
The smell of the casino is fresh . Witha lot of smokers some casino's are not venitllated well.
The whole entire staff Fom the front door to the Hotel staff to the waitstaff were on there toes . I understand this is a new Casino/ Hotel that was formed from another location next door. I hope that the newness never wears off . I visit Shreveport casino's .
I am a stickler about people looking at me when they speak . They stopped looking at the patrons at most of the Shreveport casino's They should hand you a valet ticket or hand you a players card. Dont expect Huge comps at the Choctaw or an enormous buffet. But Believe me Quantity does not matter it is Quality. They will need to add on a lot more rooms very soon that is for sure.
Thanks For a Great Stay!!
A special thank you to the Kelly (waitstaff) and her supervisor. Plus the Hotel regsitration staff..Great Job Ladies!!!

• Stayed May 2010
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Food_Hotel_Critic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grant
Comfort Inn & Suites
Days Inn Paris
Days Inn Paris
#1 of 11 in Paris
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Paris

Been to Choctaw Casino & Resort? Share your experiences!