“Terrible. Don't even think about staying here.”

Scottish Inns Frederick
Scottish Inns Frederick
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frederick
Oklahoma
“Terrible. Don't even think about staying here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2010

We booked this hotel ahead of time but when we got there, we had to cancel it because it was NOT clean. It was, in fact, scary.

We opened the door to a dark, stale room. I opened the curtains to find dead flies on the window sill & a spider crawling up the window.

The bathroom door would not latch.
The sink/surrounding area was dirty and had hair all over it.
I lifted the lid to the stool to see pubic hair floating on the water!
There was hair all over the bathroom floor as well.
I pulled back the shower curtain to see a dirty tub. Apparently the tub had been spray painted & that paint was peeling off. The area around the drain was horrible. The door frame & area around the light switch was FILTHY and BROWN with dirt.

One of the light fixtures by the bed had the bulb and socket hanging out of the fixture. The lamp on the table would not come on. When I checked to see if it was plugged in, I saw that the lamp was plugged to an extension cord and there was no plug-in anywhere near.

It had a microwave & fridge (not plugged in) but we did not try either.

I tested the wifi & it would not connect. I called the office & he said he'd reset his modem. I tried again and it briefly tried to connect but then dropped.

The smoke detector had been removed from the ceiling. There was NO smoke detector.

I pulled the spread down to check for bugs, but was afraid to look further.
There were several wooden slats sticking out 3-4 inches into the room... between the mattress & box spring.

We told management it was not acceptable & asked to look at a different room. The next room was the same or possibly worse than the first. We asked for a refund and one was given.

When I returned the key from the second room, the clerk said nothing in the way of an apology. I would sleep in my car before I'd stay in one of those rooms.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank that_owl

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips

Been to Scottish Inns Frederick? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Scottish Inns Frederick

Property: Scottish Inns Frederick
Address: 1015 S Main St, Frederick, OK 73542-6824
Location: United States > Oklahoma > Frederick
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Frederick
Hotel Class:1 star — Scottish Inns Frederick 1*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Scottish Inns Frederick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.