“OVH is a gem”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Eufaula
Cedar Rapids, United States
“OVH is a gem”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I loved this stay and I cannot wait to return with my family and friends. It was small town quiet meets hotel comfort. The beach was never crowded, the staff always helpful, and the fellow guests became new friends. Surfing, fishing, body boarding, crabbing, flying a kite or searching for crabs at night there is plenty to do on the beach. If you want privacy you have you're own deck, if you want to socialize there are several community areas. Outdoor showers helped you de-sand yourself and plenty of nearby shops for the things you forgot or to fill your fridge in your room. Several restaurants in the area were within walking distance and very good. No laundry on site, I suggest you bring your own towels for the beach, the noise from the hallway can be a little loud but the AC fan covers that easily, go to Walmart in Lake Jackson before you go for snacks or meal food to stretch your dollars bring snacks for between meals to make your money go further, several grills are available if you bring your supplies.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Forney, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We were driving a long distance and by 11pm exhausted. We had a hard time existing the freeway to get to the hotel,, but once we got there, we were glad we did! The beds were comfortable. There was not any noise problems. The breakfast was adequate and quick to get back on the road the following morning. Nice indoor pool and exercise room too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank 992Sheri1957
Seminole, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 13, 2013

the front desk clerk was very helpful answering all of our questions and gave very good directions to where we wanted to go. the motel was very clean and comfortable. our children had a lot of fun in the heated pool. I would recommend this motel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Longview, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just passing through, not much in the area to choose from so we were happy to see a Best Western since our experience with that chain is usually favorable. We were on a motorcyle so would have preferred to be able to park right outside our door, but this was okay (having to enter through the lobby and down an interior hallway to the room). The emergency exit at the end of the hall to the outside was actually broken and didn't lock behind you like it should, so it was typically just left unlocked during the day and then completely locked at night (according to the person on duty at desk). The breakfast was fine, the normal basic selections. Water pressure was awesome - great shower!!! Nice and clean, good bedding and mattress. Very friendly staff, from the front desk on down. One thing I noticed that I loved - the Bibles in the room, lobby and breakfast area were open. Nice touch! Close to highway, so of course some traffic noise, but not enough to disturb us.

Room Tip: I would think the further down the hall from the lobby (and away from the highway) the better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was of the newer style, inside hallways. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The breakfast was the typical high carb. Everything worked and price was right. I was renturning home to Dallas from a motorcycle trip to Cincinnati. I was too far from home to make it in at a good time but too close to spend the night. Since I had been battling the wind and sun for 900 miles this place jumped out at me and said STOP. I was glad. I would stay again. Even a few nights would be OK. I could have rated it higher but then I'd have to rate many of my others higher as they were better but this one was good.

Room Tip: I trusted my "gut" feeling on this one, along with the name, and looks. These are not alw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Midland, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This was our second stay here while visiting family. The first time that we stayed there we had issues with being overcharged nights on our bill. That was handled over the phone after our visit. This time, it was terrible. The shower curtain was mildewed, the tub did not drain, beer left in the fridge from a previous guest and not ONCE did they clean our room during the three night stay. We had to hunt someone down to get clean towels and to discard our dirty towels. They never once came into our room to clean. And after complaining they were going to comp us for one night. But alas! That did NOT happen. Not only did that NOT happen they over charged us. Instead of $372 for three nights we were charged $1,417!!!! Yes, you read that correctly. Spent the entire drive home on the phone with the manager and our bank. After SEVERAL phone calls we finally mentioned lawyer because this was ridiculous. And now...they did remove the overcharges, but now we are charged for ALL THREE nights that we stayed and the discount we were going to receive for the filthiness of their hotel was removed. So on top of the filthy and laziness of the cleaning staff, we were dealing with this outrageous charge on our card. And they have the audacity to charge full price. I will be calling the national office to let them know. We will stay 30 miles away from our family next time to avoid staying at this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Scdf22
Eufaula
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We have other people that visit our church that stay in this motel. They staff is always very helpful and kind. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. Free breakfast is always nice. Nice lobby and big room with tables and chairs while eating breakfast. My husband and I had to stay one night when our electricity at our home went out due to a storm. Very nice room and comfortable bed. The best motel by far in the city of Eufaula.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Leah C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eufaula
#1 of 2 in Checotah
Economy Express Inn
Economy Express Inn
#3 of 5 in Henryetta
#5 of 5 in Henryetta
Days Inn Henryetta
Days Inn Henryetta
#4 of 5 in Henryetta

Been to Best Western Eufaula Inn? Share your experiences!