“Very nice staff”
Review of Days Inn Erick

Days Inn Erick
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Erick
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband was traveling via motorcycle and relized he couldn't make it to Amarillo. He asked me to look for a hotel near him. I work at another Days Inn and called them. She was very nice and helpful. She made sure he was in a downstairs room and gave me an "employee rate" which as another employee of Days Inn doesn't usually happen. Hubby had no complaints and was able to rest up for the rest of his trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I always stay here when I drive on Rt 40 thru Oklahoma. FOr the past five years, the same staff has been cheerful and helpful. I have a 24' car trailer and they always find me a parking spot. Rooms are clean and property is secure and safe.

Room Tip: Lower floor, second room from office. Very large
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pjkoala
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This stay was a bad experience from the get-go. Reading all of the other reviews on here (save one or two) I can't help but doubt that we somehow got the wrong hotel. But no, it was the Days Inn, right off of I-40 at Exit 7.

First, we booked out stay through Hotels.com, which claimed there was a restaurant adjacent. Not anymore. The restaurant property that's next door is closed and appears to have been closed for awhile. Disappointing, because it would have been nice to have a decent breakfast before hitting the road.

We arrived late (12am), and just wanted to go to bed. The person working the front desk was short to the point of rudeness. I know it was late and maybe I woke him up, but that's part of working in a hotel. At check in, he demanded to see our AAA card. We don't have a AAA card, or a AAA membership. He claimed that we'd booked the AAA rate. No, we booked through hotels.com, no mention of a AAA rate (I just now looked over everything I got from hotels.com and there's no mention of a special rate through AAA or any other organization). He continued that the rate we'd paid for the room was the AAA rate and not his standard rate (like we should know his standard rates). He ended up charging us the AAA rate, acting like he was doing us a gigantic favor-- I really didn't care at that point what the charge was, I just wanted him to give us our keys, go back to bed, and let us get settled.

The room was gross. The decor hasn't been updated in decades, the layout is awkward, it smelled musty, and the sheets itched. The heater was loud and inconsistent-- it would (noisily) heat the room to an uncomfortable level, then turn off and allow it to get too cold. The mattress felt like a slab of concrete. The shower head was so low that the water was hitting me straight in the chest-- I had to lean back to wash my hair. Look, I understand that there's some merit to a value motel, but the standard rate for this place is $75/night!

The continental breakfast (cereal, muffins, pastries) was pretty much gone when we got there (and it was about 7:30am). I got the last danish, my husband got stuck with a dry blueberry muffin. Cereal would have been okay, but at that point, after the check-in experience, an uncomfortable night's sleep and an awkward shower, we just wanted to get out of there. And that's the only positive thing about this hotel-- the stay was so unpleasant that we got back on the road a full hour before we'd planned to.

Room Tip: Keep driving
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rainwalkerSK
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Hasn't been remodeled in years and the floor above us was noisy. Keep driving.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Gmanoftheroad
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Excellent, nice small inn rite at the interstate exit, very clean and well appointed room, would stop again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Kevin P
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I travel this route a minimum of twice a month so this is my home away from home. Mr. and Mrs. Patel are gracious hosts and after a twelve hour trip it is great to see Mr. or Mrs. P. Food and fuel close to hotel, room is always clean and comfy. Fridge and coffee in room. Thanks for making sure i always enjoy my time at Days Inn at Erick Oklahoma.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This hotel was nicer than most La Quintas I have visited. The lobby is bright and roomy and has , The rooms were clean, spacious, owner help me with smile , he was very helpful,

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Amish D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erick
Sleep Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shamrock North
Motel 6 Erick OK
Motel 6 Erick OK
#2 of 5 in Erick

Been to Days Inn Erick? Share your experiences!