“Duh...It's Enid and There Is An Oil Boom”

Americas Best Value Inn Enid
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Enid
Reviewed January 24, 2012

First, Enid is FULL of contractors for the oil patch, railroads, Air Force Base, and who knows what else.
Second, There is not a surplus of hotels in Enid.
Third, if you wait until the last minute to make a reservation, like me, you take what you can get, at ANY price.
Fourth, I have stayed at similiar hotels elsewhere for as little as $39.00 per night. The rate tonight in Enid is $115.00.
Fifth, the front desk and housekeeping folks are very friendly. The sheets and towels are in good condition. The heat works properly. The roof does not leak. I have not seen any bugs, and after a while you no longer notice the smell of cigarettes.
Sixth, believe the previous two reviews by Christian_ Dude and JonnieS. They are accurate.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank k9taos
ABVIENID, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Enid, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property.your feedback is the great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

We were in town visiting family. I have stayed in much better hotels for the same price. (We stayed in a 4-star hotel for this price.) There is an oil boom in this area, and that does inflate prices. The motel itself looks as though it has had some renovations recently...maybe within the last few years or so. However, most of its clientele seems to be oil field workers. I have nothing against oil field workers. Most Oklahoman men (including myself) have worked in the oil patch at some point. Unfortunately, it is a dirty job resulting in rooms that are equally dirty. I'm sure the house keepers/manager try to keep rooms as clean as they can. It's not easy in these circumstances. That being said the room wasn't as clean as one would hope. You could see hand prints from oily hands on the walls, doors, shower curtains, etc. There was dirt in corners. The sheets had cigarette burn holes. Our non-smoking room smelled like smoke. We weren't terribly bothered by everything...it is what it is. What can they do? The breakfast was coffee, juice, donuts, and waffles. No coffee maker in the room was a bummer. :( ...thankfully, the room did have a microwave/fridge. :) The big shocker was the "gentlemen's club" next door...but there is a church across the street. I'm not sure if those two things balance each other out or not. lol Anyway, the main reason I give this place a two is because of the value/price doesn't quite match up in my opinion. (Cleanliness, amenities, and location next to a gentlemen's club hurt the room's value in my opinion.) However, there is an oil boom, and that makes this place cheap compared to other places in town. I have stayed at similar motels/hotels in the past, but they were much cheaper. ($30-$40) This one is currently around $70. There's nothing wrong with driving through a town and grabbing a quick $30-$40 room...it just kind of stinks to pay $70 for that same room, but what can you do? :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We have been trying to keep our customer satisfied. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs in Enid, OK and you find a difference than earlier with upgraded bed, flat TV and carpet.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

I was put off by some of the reviews but was very pleased with this motel during my actual stay. I got my reservation through Priceline which rated this motel a one star. When I arrived the exterior was very presentable and the surrounding grounds were clean and free of debris. When I went to my room everything was very clean and well stocked. There was a micro-fridge and micro-wave in the room. The furnishings and rug were older and yes could use an update but this was not a Marriott. Overall I would definitely return and would recommend this motel to others looking for a nice low cost motel.

Room Tip: I typically only bid and stay in properties rated 3 or 4 stars on Priceline. I find it is only about...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Jonnie S
Management1700, Regional Director at Americas Best Value Inn Enid, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review on TripAdvisor. Our staff takes great pride in providing excellent customer service for our guests and it’s very rewarding when someone like you takes the time to recognize our efforts. I will certainly share your thoughts with everyone. The next time you are in Enid,OK, I hope you will stay again at Americas Best Value Inn.
Look forward to servicing your future lodging needs.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

This is definitely a motel which punishes you for being cheap. Everything about this place is cheap and low quality. The towels are small and thin, the sheets have cigarette burnt holes in them even though we stayed in a non-smoking room. The walls are so thin that it sounds like there is a dance hall above you and a brothel next to you. The majority of the people who stay in this motel seem to be construction workers and tend to be noisy, fairly late at night and everybody starts banging doors and starts their cars at 5 o'clock in the morning. Fortunately we had some cardboard from moving boxes that we were able to use to block the wind from coming in the 3/4" gaps around the door through which the wind from the 15 degree weather whistles through. The wall mounted heater was very noisy even though it did work. Bed sheets are never changed unless you specifically request it. This is a good example of when a bargain isn't really a bargain.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs in Enid, OK

Reviewed June 29, 2010

I had researched this motel and made a request for a room on our dates and was quoted at 49.00, however at the time of check-in I was asked "what kind of rate was(are) I(you) hoping for" which I replied, " the rate which I had looked up which was 50.00".....but before I could even finish speaking, she said, " well the best I can do you for is 59.00. It ended up being 69.00 for the room key.

What?

Stayed one night. Daughter couldn't go outside to get anything from the car much for fear that the Latinos would jump her, especially considering the way they would watch her when she did go outside. Room smelled of smoke. They were clean though. The housekeeping staff did bag up a blanket and pillow for us which we left in the room and retrieved later.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded October 17, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property.your feedback is the great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. we sincerely applogize about your negative experience with our front desk assistant. we have been training employees as an corrective measures. we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in future

Thank you again!

Manager
Americas Best Value Inn
Enid, OK

Reviewed May 15, 2010

This motel got a brand new contempary facelift ,I visit Enid often for business ,previously this was motel 6 then it turn into regency Inn at that time room were totaly disaster but now with the new owner and new name it has totaly change.Lobby and rooms are beautiful.Service is exceptional.This is the motel I will stay everytime I visit Enid.

Management response:Responded October 19, 2011

Dear valued Guest,
Thank you for valuable comment on your stay at our property. We are glad that we met your expectation. your positive feedback help us grow. It was our pleasure to serve you. hope you continue your patronage with us.

Americas Best value Inn, Enid

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Americas Best Value Inn in Enid, Oklahoma is a excellent place to stay! It has newly renovated clean rooms and a friendly staff. It was comfy, clean, quit, and very roomy. We had a great experience staying at the hotel........especially in the their brand new updated rooms!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded October 19, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
We thank you for taking time out of your busy routine. We appreciate your review on your stay at Americas Best Value Inn, Enid, ok. Happy customer like you motivate our employee to do their best. we have been improving day by day. Hope you will be really amazed at your next visit to our property. We wil be glad to serve you on your future visits.

Americas Best Value Inn