“Best Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Enid
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best Holiday Inn Express I've stayed at and I travel quite a bit nationwide. I stay here about 3 - 4 times a year visiting family. The staff is always friendly and efficient. The rooms are always clean and nicely appointed. It has a very relaxed and inviting atmosphere that I truly appreciate.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in Enid during my nephew's graduation from pilot school and enjyed the clean clean rooms and the great breakfast. The breakfast menu changed a little everyday and boy that pancake machine was wonderful. We really enjoyed the trip. The hotel was in a nice area with plenty of choices for food and shopping adn close to Vance AFB.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We travel worldwide and when visiting family in Enid we stay at this hotel. Our recent stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The breakfast is always nice and they keep the area neat and tidy, even though some guests can be quite messy. We also enjoy the lounge area by the fireplace. The hotels are overpriced in Enid, but the Holiday Inn Express offers the best features of any hotel in the area.

Room Tip: The queen suites are roomy and nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have stayed a number of times at this property and never been disappointed. Check-in was a little slow this last time, but that was due to a clerical error and not typical.

I'm not crazy about the location across from the mall, but this hotel always meets my needs and my expectations. I especially like the automatic pancake machine in the breakfast buffet. Haven't seen this anyplace else--it's really nifty.

Would definitely stay here again--and often do.

Room Tip: Most rooms face east or west--pretty crummy views in both directions. Do you like morning sun or eve...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My first impression wasn't good...the lady working the front desk had a heavy accent and was difficult if not impossible to understand. i checked in with two other business associates and showed my Platinum PriorityClub card and did receive my "welcome kit" that included a water bottle and a piece of fruit. It also included an extremely poorly copied and folded listing of some of the local attractions...it looked really bad...certainly not up to the standards I'm used to with HIE.
The room was clean and comfortable. I did hear my neighbors a few times and could definitely hear the people in the room above me every time they walked around.
Finally, the breakfast was the exact same variety as every other HIE but again, substandard in its delivery. The eggs were cold in the middle.
Maybe nitpicking but just not up to par for HIE.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PBOKC
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear PBOKC,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club Platinum member and for leaving us a feedback.

I am disappointed to hear that the service you received was less than satisfactory. I am truly sorry for the dissatisfaction you had during check in and regret that we failed to deliver the highest level of customer care that you deserve. Our staff pay special attention to our elite members and can only offer my sincerest apologies for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

As a Platinum elite member, your support and patronage to our hotel are very important. Rest assured that your comments will be looked into and will be used for future updates. We all hope that should your travel plans bring you back to the area, you will give our hotel another try and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here passing through,I was traveling with my two babies ...My 5 year old daughter and my newborn son.The Hispanic lady at the front was rude,I felt like I was putting her out to reserve my room.I had read online that this was the nicest place to stay in Enid.So I ignored the $140 a night price and hoped for the best...Well ,I can say my room was clean ,beds were comfy ,fluffy pillows it was a quite night stay.In the morning I noticed Ionly had decaf coffee in my room.I stepped out of my room and found a hispanic housekeeper in the hall.I asked for coffee that wasnt decaf.SURPRSE ,SURPRISE!I got the old"No Engless" Right? Shocker....So I disregaurded the comment and walked further down the hall .I found another housekeping hispanic lady, she tells me.We only have decaf did not even offer to bring coffe to my room...Insisting the hotel only had decaf! I finally decide to call the front desk and ask for coffee brought up to my room in a package so I can just make it myself.Another Hispanic lady that ran the front desk argues with me and assures me ,I am wrong the house keeper couldn't have possibly said "only decaf" Whatever ...So I wait and wait for a package of coffee to be delievered to my room 20 min later.I have yet another hispanic lady deliever my coffee.With a bad attitude none the less Past the coffe issue Itake my daughter to go swim.Te pool is ice cold so is the Hot tub!!Breakfast gravy was like glue.Just rude service all the way around .On the morning I am checking out. I tell the hotel manager (a young hispanic male.) That I am not satisfied with a number of issues.I pretty much get blown off.Long story short...I will never stay at this hotel again.Its not worth the expensive price.Bad bad.....Terrible service!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bui b
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Made reservation because hotel advertised that pets are accepted> Arrived late in the evening after 12 hours on the road to find out that NO PETS ALLOWED! Lady at front desk took a VERY casual attitude, even after I showed her the reservation saying pets allowed. Her basic attitude was "too bad, so sad, now leave me alone." I asked to speak to the manager, but was not allowed to speak to this individual via telephone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else because this place lies.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank jim w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Enid, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear jim w,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff and service may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and will use the valuable feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service.

Zelyn N