“What a deal!”
Review of Flamingo Inn

Flamingo Inn
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My parents stayed here many years ago and loved it. The new owners have it fixed up great! New HUGE TV's, fridge, microwave, even the sheets were super plush. Best motel on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Monele1

Reviewed July 1, 2012

My spouse and I were traveling across the country this week on I-40. We began looking for a place in Elk City and came across reviews of the Flamingo. We typically stay in chains where we "know what to expect." However, this time we thought we would branch out... I am sooooo glad that we did!

First: Price! In my opinion $55 / night is a splendid deal!

Second: CLEAN! The place was clean, clean, clean. Clean sheets, clean towels, clean carpet.

Third: SOOO ADORABLE! The place is a trip back to the hay day of Route 66. When I walked into our room, I thought that we had stepped back in time-- as though the place had JUUUST opened! The decor, the tiles in the bathroom... ALL of it! SUCH FUN!

Only drawback: The internet wasn't all that fast at night--it was much faster in the morning (that is why we give it 4 out of 5 rather than 5 out of 5).

LOVED this place, please stay here if you've the chance!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nathan N
Reviewed June 24, 2012

At $55 a day I stayed in some crummy places, this isn't one of them. Elk City is full of parasite, as I said the owners here aren't included in that bunch. The moment they showed me to my room #103, I was expecting the worst, but what I got was a pleasant surprise. I was impress with the room, clean carpet, 46" flat screen, it's an old building, but they have remodeled. The bathroom nice and clean. Water pressure and temperture great. I stayed for 9 days and the room was always cleaned when I got in from working all day. Also there's a mini-frig and microwave. It's not the Ritz, but what is, for $55 a night it is while worth it. Very quiet and restful. The owners are very accomadating and just want to give you the best experience they can at the price and I think they succeeded in doing that for me. Anyone with a complaint about there stay I assure you is not having a good day and of course not everyone can be please. The bottom line is that the Flamingo Inn is the nice and clean and in the center of town.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for room #102 and #103, I believe the beds our Queen size. Quiet near the of...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Robert Z
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Friendly staff,clean room, nice sheets on bed. I liked the flat screen tv. I stayed 2 nights. My husband is working in Sayre. My husband and other co-workers stayed at hotel. I came into town for the weekend and would stay again. Also the rates are good compared to other hotels that are doubled the price of this motel.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Nadss3695
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Need a place to stay for this road weary individual.Apparently the room rates in this area are inflated to take advantage of the oil field workers.I had to go into this small town in search of a motel for rest.The person behind the counter couldn't look me in the eyes for the rate of $55/nt.in this place.
First it's an older style motel since it's on historic route 66.I asked to see the room first and he meandered through some breezeway with old ice machine and other used equipment,etc. sitting in the area.The room needed work to say the least as it showed it's age with cable wire ran outside the wall outlet and the cable service reception was horrible on the nice flat screen TV securely attached.The beds were apparently new and a good cooling AC unit installed.The bathroom tub had cigarette butt burns on it and stains.There was soap with Ramada on it and a tray for ice with another name brand motel on it.You were given towels at the front desk which were stained and didn't smell appealing.As I was sitting at the table in the room a cockroach ran under the table top as I was on my laptop.The light switch box was mounted on the outside wall near the door as opposed to it being recessed.The room adjoined another room with paper stuck in part of the door to block the view through the room.There is much more but this is enough for me for now!

Room Tip: Plan your trip to avoid this locality.Stay in Amarillo,TX or Oklahoma City,OK.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Robnknoxville
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We were in Elk City, OK for business and left in OCT 2011. We were called back for what was
to be a 2 or 3 week stay in March 2011. We were at this motel for 5 weeks. This motel is old and
that means that you have a nice tub with plenty of hot water and a sink in the vanity with green
and black tile. Big flat screen TV and new queen size bed in our room. 3 drawer dresser and nice computer desk with black office chair on wheels. 2 night stands each with a drawer. comfortable chair with nice marble top side table. The housekeeping couple always made sure that sheets were clean and plenty of tp in the bathroom. Did I mention the brand new ICE machine that was installed while we were there?! During our fourth week, my refrigerator broke. Imagine my surprise when a new one was brought to the room and installed within one hour of me telling the office team of the problem. You get what you pay for. If you want a new tub, new rug, etc. then this is not the place for you. If you want a comfortable place to lay your head and feel safe. Then this is the place to stay. We normally travel in our fifth wheel but if I should be in this area again and need a motel, I will not hesitate to stay. And, they are very pet friendly. Plus they have smoking rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Deb O
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We rely quite a bit on TripAdvisor reviews and this one looked like a real find. Maybe at the dirt cheap prices quoted we might have found it to be ok. But our expectations were high and the place did not measure up.

From the reviews it appears that a couple of years ago it must have changed management. They cleaned the place up and then jacked the price up.

The room is anything but notable. Some of the inside had been painted, but the entire front wall and door had not. Not a big deal but not a really presentable room. The bathroom door had been painted including over 50% of the door knob. Very sloppy.

No coffee in the room. (Boo.) Went for coffee in the office at 7:30 or so and he then turned on the pot he'd previously set up. (What's wrong with having the coffee ready?)

There are a bunch of inexpensive rooms in this town. We'll most certainly do better to try another next time.

Oh yeah. A peeve of mine. We had a king bed (Ii need one) and they put on a bottom sheet that was not form fitted and too small. The bottom sheet bunches up and is very uncomfortable to sleep on. I find no good excuse for this.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple