“You can't put lipstick on a pig”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Days Inn Elk City

Days Inn Elk City
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
“You can't put lipstick on a pig”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This looks like an attractive hotel from the front entrance. The rooms are in the back and have outside doors. Our key was the old style electronic ones which are sort of like USB sticks. As we walked to our room. we noticed that the concrete sidewalk was falling apart and that several rooms had their curtains awry. The room was decorated decently but as we started looking at things more, we got concerned. The tile floors in the bathroom and vanity areas were cracked and looked dirty. Things were odd like the tissue dispenser mounted on the wall adjacent to two bolt holders. Why no one removed the bolt holder things and then spackled over the holes is something I do not understand; that's so cheap to do. There was a big lounge chair where you usually have a regular upholstered chair; this thing looked about 10 years old.

The bed was decent and the bathroom had its sani-wrap strip to show that it had been cleaned--maybe. That's about the best I can say.

We went to the main area for breakfast and immediately walked out. There was granola in a plastic container. No yogurt. No bagels. There were individually wrapped slices of bread and individually wrapped eggs. Those wrappings made us wonder about the age of the stuff wrapped. We went across the street to McDonalds.

No fitness center which we could see. The pool was not yet open and was covered.

I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
patelsur19, Manager at Days Inn Elk City, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Cybermama,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us. We are committed to each guest having a satisfactory stay, I apologize about your stay., we have yogurt, milk, and cheese omlets in the mini glass fridge by our coffee stand. We are not allowed to put bagles per Days Inn standards. The granola is placed in a plastic container as it is a topping for the oatmeal. All the items we have for the breakfast are per Days Inn standard. We normally have a hot breakfast set up with the restaurant onsite, but they are closed due to renovations for the time being. What we have is just temporary until the restaurant is open again within the next few months. Once again I apologize about your stay and hope you would give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Choctaw
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

left my room for my morning walk about 9 with all my stuff in my room, computer on, etc, coffee in the pot to have when I returned. Got back housecleaning had come in and taken towels, etc, soap, emptied my coffee pot. I had not yet checked out. really poor.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

patelsur19, Manager at Days Inn Elk City, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Forrest L,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in the Elk City area. I apologize about the issue in the morning. After speaking with my staff there was a misunderstanding with the housekeeping. We have recently hired a new housekeeper and she thought you were a stay over. She had went into the room to collect the trash, towels and linens and was going to be back to clean the room. When she returned to the room, she noticed you were back. She checked her list and noticed you were a check out and not a stay over. She wanted to make sure you would have a clean room to come into once you got back. She did not realize you were checking out. i have talked to her to be more careful and double check her list so this does not occur again. We hope you would be give us another try if in the area again. Once again I apologize about the issue.

Thanks You
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here numerous times in past couple of months. I like the fact it's just off I-40. Lounge is good and plenty of other places across the hotel to eat. I drive a big rig and do not want to drive once I get of work. Im glad my company choose this hotel for me. Great staff and place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
patelsur19, Manager at Days Inn Elk City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Billw15,

Thank You for taking the time to leave a review on your stay with us. We are committed to each and every guest having a satisfactory stay at our facility. I will pass this review on to our team and look forward to serving you in the future again.

Thanks Again