Comfort Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites Elk City(Elk City)(Great Value!)
$52
Bedford Inn(Elk City)
$43
$40
Travelocity
All reviewseggssausageroom was cleana ground floor roombad weatherthe usual faretoilet paperhot watertruck parkingcomfortable king bedstayed one nightroad noisenice staywe've stayedsmall townoatmealpleasant experience
Reviewed June 2, 2008

1. The internet service did not work. I called the front desk and was told that the internet service provider had been notified. The service still did not work in the morning.

2. The floor in the elevator was wet and slippery causing my wife to slip and almost fall. When I called down to notify the person about the problem she stated that "she was cleaning the elevator and people kept using it". The problem with that is she was cleaning and causing the hazard by not notifying people of a wet floor condition or that the elevator should be taken out of service until the cleaning was complete.

3. The bathroom light is so dim it is difficult to see in the mirror to shave or use the mirror for makeup.

4. The bathroom is so tiny you almost have to back in if you want to walk out.

5. The soundproofing is non existant. I could clearly hear people in the hall and in the room above. There is a gap around the door which allows light from the hall to shine into the room.

6. It rained during the night. In the morning I found water on the window sill so clearly the window leaked.

7. There is no paper or pencil provided in the room so I can write notes.

This is an extremely overpriced hotel that is really not worth the frustration. This is a fairly new property but from what I observed it was totally substandard work in construction and design. Avoid this property.

I provided a list of these concerns to the manager prior to checking out, he looked at the list but made no comment what so ever. I also provided the complaints to Choice Hotels through their web site when I got back home. They responded with a letter and the following day I did recieve a phone call from the manager. I did recieve a reduced rate but that was too little too late.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We like to stay at Comfort Inns, but the one in Elk City was so not comfortable. The bed was so hard my husband didn't get much sleep & the nice looking chair was hard. The pool wasn't prepared for swimming, even though it has been hot the whole month of May (we had seen other hotels' pools open.) My husband was not happy with the breakfast. They didn't have a snack machine.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2008

I have stayed here many times in the past since they opened. The rooms have always been clean and the accommodations have been nice. Why wouldn't they be...this motel is almost brand new.

But when I called for my reservation this time I just knew something was different. The reservationists had a hard time taking a reservation and they could not tell me whether all of their rooms were hardwired or not. They do have wireless but I wanted to take my laptop that does not have a wifi card. They told me none of their rooms were hardwired (they are).

When I checked in they couldn't find my reservation. More accurate to say: They did not know HOW to find my reservation. All of their help is new and inexperienced. The new owner/manager barely speaks English and he had to come out 3 times to show the 2 teens on the front desk how to check in a guest. Of course, I don't blame them for being distracted: It was 80 degrees outside and 90 in the lobby and hallways. I guess they are saving all the money they can by hiring cheap help and not using the AC.

The motel is already taking on a "used" and "in need of repair" look. It also appears as though the nice furniture that was in the motel when it opened is now gone. Gone also are the incandescent lighting in the bathrooms. These have been replaced with low wattage fluorescent bulbs. The lighting in the bathroom is so dim it gives you a headache while in there. I guess that could be good if you have a lot of kids with you. They certainly won't be hanging out in there for long.

You also won't be taking long showers. The shower head was broken and "flopped" around. I guess it is good the thing wouldn't stay still because the internals were also out and the water came out completely unabated. It was so unabated to the point of being painful. You really had to run in to get wet and then run in to rinse off.

I guess you can tell this motel has turned into a big disappointment for me. Comfort Inns have built new accommodations in a lot of the places I stay when I travel and I have enjoyed them. But not this one. I have stayed in several hotels owned by 3rd world people. Those of you that travel a lot know what I mean. You know, save a dime when and where they can; to heck with the customer! Apparently this Comfort Inn has become one of them.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2007

We asked for a non smoking room, but were given an overpriced smoking room. When I called to asked to be changed they said they had explained to us they didn't have any non smoking. If this had been true, we would have gone to the Ramada across the street which, by the way has an excellent rating. The carpet was incredibly filthy, the tile was falling off in the bathroom which was tiny and also the tissue cover in the bathroom was setting on the counter. I then asked for some pillows that did not have a smoke smell, the answer to that was look in the closet for more pillows, they didn't have any clean pillows. We were told the breakfast would start at 5:30, but at 5:45 when we were ready to leave, there was not a thing out. I wish I had taken photo's of this room but didn't think of it at the time.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chili-head
Reviewed July 6, 2007

The property was out of rooms, so they upgraded us to a suite at no extra charge (good price for a suite, but pricey for a regular room). We had absolutely no complaints about the accomodations. Clean room, comfortable beds, good water pressure (although the water itself is very hard). The breakfast tasted good; it just needed to be replenished more quickly. When we got there they were even out of cereal. The front desk was out of the particular toiletry item that we forgot. Otherwise the staff was friendly, and it was a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business