“Very good place to stop.”
Review of Home Cookin' Cafe

Home Cookin' Cafe
Ranked #16 of 47 Restaurants in Elk City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. Our waitress was awesome and the food was worth it. Quick service and priced well. Worth stopping at.

1  Thank Amy M

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was so delicious! Very happy I took the advice of the previous previewer. You will not be disappointed with the food here and the service was excellent.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We were driving through western Oklahoma recently, on our way to Green Valley, Arizona. We had just missed the exit for a McDonald's. This proved fortunate because at the next exit we came upon the Home Cookin' Café in Elk City. The restaurant is part of a large, slightly run-down complex which includes a motel. When we entered the restaurant we noticed mostly male patrons who, I presumed, were locals since they were attired in work-worn blue jeans, cowboy boots, and dusty baseball or ten gallon hats. I immediately felt confident in our choice of this eatery because if local men were there, the place probably lived up to its name.

Now, don't get turned off by the interior of the café, with its worn concrete floor with several exposed layers of various colored paint. The tables, chairs, and booths have seen better days, but I loved the painting of John Wayne, the Duke himself, on one wall.

Janis, the busy whirling dervish manager, who doubles as a delightful, but no-nonsense waitress, told us to sit anywhere. We took a seat at a booth. Janis zoomed by and told us that everything on the menu was home made. She then proceeded over to a white board and listed about 7 daily specials to include brisket with potatoes, and veggies. All of the specials were reasonably priced well under $10.00

Breakfast is served all day, so my wife and I opted for polish sausage and fried eggs. The sausage was outstanding; certainly as good as any we have back in Wisconsin. Our meals included delicious, freshly made, huge biscuits with white gravy on the side. We also ordered coffee which was excellent and our cups were refilled regularly by the attentive Janis and the other whirling dervish waitress whose name I didn't get.

Janis told us that many people come inside the restaurant, look around, see mostly guys, and then leave. What a mistake! Hungry working men want good food and plenty of it. So, next time you’re cruising along I 40 in western Oklahoma, get off at exit 41 at Elk City and visit the Home Cookin' Café. Janis will tell you to sit anywhere. Proceed to a table or booth, confident that you will, indeed, have a delicious home-cooked meal.

8  Thank ManitowocDon