“Juice was better than experience.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Elk City
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Atlanta, Georgia
“Juice was better than experience.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Very difficult to find- should've been a sign. The address on the website took me into the middle of NOWHERE. Finally called for directions (15 miles from where 3 GPS programs took me). The ONLY hotel entrance is an unmarked driveway directly off the highway offramp. So I missed it, turned right at the light which turned out to be an onramp to the interstate... When I finally got myself turned around, and into the parking lot, I notice a few men out at the tailgate of their truck GRILLING on a little grill... like they are tailgating at a football game.

I walk through the men, who are taking up the entire sidewalk, and slow to let me pass, come into the building, and I see a nice hotel desk, and politely ring the bell for someone to come help me. I wait a full two minutes, and politely ring the bell again. I wait an additional 3 minutes, a couple comes in behind me to check in, and I ring the bell again. I wait an additional 2 minutes and the girl comes around the corner like I had woken her from her nap (This was between 7:34 and 7:41pm local time). The pool was closed for repair (would have been nice to know earlier...). There is nothing around, which made it very difficult to find the ONE place that would deliver (I was in a big truck- not suitable for driving around town)- and the restaurant in the parking lot was closed.

I will say they had a GREAT hot breakfast. I was VERY impressed with that. The Orange Juice was pulpy and REAL! I might be willing to return just for that.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brent S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We did have a good sleep here. It is a new facility and still has some rough spots---a slippery shower floor without a grab bar, no hooks for towels in our bathroom and a front desk clerk that was sneezing and taking meds as we checked out. However, we did not pick up her ailment so we rate the whole experience as average.

Novi, Michigan
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is a new (approximately 7 months old) property located at the East entrance to Elk City, Oklahoma. My room was handicap accessible with high ceilings and a walk in shower. The breakfast area was well laid out, spacious, and offered a nice variety of warm and cold breakfast items. Since my room was directly adjacent to the breakfast kitchen area, the smells of cooking waffles was somewhat strong and the kitchen prep area could benefit from some improved ventilation. Coming from the East, you must loop around the first intersection you come to in order to reach the hotel entrance. While in Elk City take a little drive around the downtown area and explore some of the other attractions in town along old Route 66.

Room Tip: If you are a big person or simply prefer a walk in shower to a bathtub, ask for a room with a walk i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Elk City is a stopover place heading west on I-40 from Oklahoma City, if you're too tired to make it to Amarillo, TX. Sleep Inn & Suites appears to be a newer property with very standard looking rooms and furnishings. The price was $75 + tax for 2 people on a Saturday night - reasonable I guess. So far, so good. My wife is very careful when it comes to bedbugs. We use the Bedbug Registry religiously, but the site was down when I made the reservation. As always my wife (a nurse) made a thorough inspection of the bedding. She found no evidence of an active infestation, but found blood stains on some of the sheets and pillow cases. We asked for housekeeping to come and change the bedding, but they did not have a housekeeper on duty (6PM). So they said that they would move us to an upgraded room. Ok fine. So we started the process over again. Firstly, it's an identical room - not upgraded. Then my wife discovers that the two beds in that room lack mattress pads. Mattress pads are designed to protect mattresses from people. If they're clean, they can also protect people from mattresses. This is especially important in hotel rooms where human-associated residue collects for all of eternity. So back to the front desk. My default request was the original room (with mattress pads) and clean linens so we could change the bedding ourselves (always a great bonding activity after driving 500 miles). That request was granted with a sincere apology from a trainee (he was struggling with a bad situation). Ok fine. Ordered a pizza, settled in, pizza arrived, laid laptop on lower portion of the nightstand. When I retrieved the laptop, it was covered with a thick layer of dust. Clearly, cleanliness is not a priority here. We will not be coming back.

2 Thank Irving G
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is brand new (June 2013 I think), so it's furnished with up to date decor and is in good condition. We have a King room and it's nice...not extra large but sufficient. I like that there are extra outlets on the bed side lamps so you can charge your computer/phone, etc. The room was clean, but others have mentioned, the common areas could use just a little bit more care. (Elevator, hallway, pool area, lobby was dusty...nothing terrible) The manager or owner ( I assumed he was) said that they were short handed today so maybe that had something to do with it. The pool was very cold (as others have mentioned)....actually looked at thermometer and it said 73, but he said that someone is coming to fix it tomorrow. Our bathroom has a shower, no tub, which is fine with me. It's a design that does not require a shower curtain, but it does allow water to splash out onto the floor. Plenty of towels so that wasn't really a problem. The water doesn't really flow down the drain real well, not because of a blocked drain, but because of the design, but again, not a problem. Someone else mentioned that the shower shelves are tiny, but if you use their shampoo, etc. the shelves are fine. There is a hook on the back of the bathroom door, but if you close the door and hang your towel there, you won't be able to reach it when getting out of the shower. Hopefullly they will install a hook or two closer to the shower. Another helpful thing would be a sign like you usually find when you get off an elevator directing you to your room with the numbers of rooms and arrows. Maybe that will come in time. The price was lower than others in the area, yet this is the newest so it was a no brainer for us. The breakfast was lacking compared to other Comfort Inns and the comparable Marriotts that we often stay in. They didn't have much variety, it was messy, and the eggs (kind of discs meant to go in a sandwich maybe?) were brown. They didn't have nuts or brown sugar for oatmeal and only had instant oatmeal. Also they were out of this and that. The girl taking care of the breakfast was nice enough though. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful with directions. All in all, we'd stay again for sure, especially if they can get the cleaning in common areas improved so it doesn't go down hill.

Room Tip: If you mind noise, I did hear a little upstairs noise so maybe ask for a top floor room.
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful, spacious, well-decorated room. New facility. Very clean. Good breakfast. My experience with the desk clerk appears very different from the others. The man who checked us is barely looked at us, was on the phone at the same time, and mumbled in English with a very heavy accent. He was difficult to understand.

Blythe, California
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in Sept. Our party had 3 rooms, 2 of the rooms were never given clean towels although the used towels were picked up and the beds were never made! The hallways and elevator were filthy. There was something sticky spilled on the tile leading from the elevator to pool and it was NEVER cleaned up. Would NOT recommend this hotel to ANYONE !! A BAD experience all together.

Room Tip: There is a La Quinta across the street, do yourself a favor and stay there.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gplsc
Manager9931, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Elk City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
I sincerely apologize & I am very sorry to learn your experience was such an inconvenience during your stay with us. We strive to provide to all our guests with a clean comfortable and safe stay at our NEWEST hotel in town at the lowest reasonable price in the town. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us,your issues have already been addressed 7 corrective measures taken. It is our hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you better with a managerial discounted room rate at the next time. Sincerely, General Manager