“Nice place on I 40” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Irving, Texas
“Nice place on I 40”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

This looks like an older facility, but we were surprised. we stayed at several motel 6' being a one star hotel we didn't expect much but this one had a nice warm feel for it. I just want to say I slept good and woke up with no allergies. The hotel was wood floors instead of carpet. I don't know how each room is, Our room had a new shower. i have never done a review on a motel, But since this is on I 40 and I drive an 18 wheeler. I want to review this motel so our company will use this place again. ..

Room Tip: south side
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

parking lot was so full looks like lot of iik fied workers we got quiet room and only paid 49.99 no charge for our dog will stay here again there was no breakfast but found out motel 6 dies not privide breakfast internet was really fast

Room Tip: parking was small
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank robin g
Shawnee, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was clean, comfortable, and very affordable. My family, and I were stopping overnight on the way to Oklahoma City, and we did not get a chance to make reservations, but the staff quickly got our rooms ready, and offered us a great deal on the two rooms. Definitely planning on staying here again on our next trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Chico, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

i have never done a review on a motel, but I am on this one..I drive an 18 wheeler...I stay in a motel about once every 2 weeks..NEVER again here...The motel was full of oil field workers..partying and loud music..I complained 3 times during my day and half stay...there were people loitering in the halls and outside..the parking lot was filthy...beer bottles, some broken glass, and a lot of trash...looked like a foreign country...I checked in at night, so I didnt see all the stuff until the daylight...room wasnt too bad...BUT...I had about 35 gallons of diesel fuel missing out of my tanks...called and talked to the owner...gave me the runaround....checking the surveillance camaras...said there was a lot of people around my truck...then all of a sudden they said the cameras werent working properly, and they had no info for me....dont waste your time staying here...really...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Richard C

Travelers are raving about these Elk City hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Disgustingly dirty. Floor was so filthy my feet were black. Cig burns on sink in a non-smoking room. Dirty bathroom. Noisy and tons of people milling around, slamming doors.

I asked for a refund an hour after arriving because I would not stay there. The Owner did not apologize or try to make it right but berated and abused me when I told her. I said I was going to report her hotel to the corporate offices of Motel 6. She said, "you need to keep your mouth shut and not talk to them!" She kept threatening me and yelling at me as I left.

I got in the car and through the window, she held up both hands and flipped me off! She made sure I saw her.

I called Motel 6 customer relations immediately and told them. They were very angry. I was angrier.

It's hard to get over an experience like this but this place is filthy, it stinks, it's loud and the owner is a crazy person. I drove for an hour at 10 pm but found a beautiful Best Western in El Reno for $40 more.

Tom Bodet and all his folksy charm should turn the light off at this dump. It's a liability to the brand. This is my last visit to motel 6.

I

Stayed November 2013
johnElkcity, General Manager at Motel 6 Elk City, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
We Sincerely apologize for your bad experience. We are not sure when this incidence happened. When tried to contact you regarding this incident you have rejected or failed to respond to Trip Advisor. So Our Second step was to review the Security Camera System at the Property, From reviewing the Camera system, such an incident have not happened at this property. Again we apologize for any inconvenience. May God Bless Youl
John
Maryville, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I rarely write a negative review but this was the worst place I have ever stayed. We stopped for the night on the way to California after reading the mostly positive reviews on this site, what a mistake. When we checked in the desk clerk told me to make sure to turn the AC fan on so that we were not bothered at 3 in the morning when the 150 workers who were living in the motel usually left for work. When we parked we barely could get the car unloaded because of literally tens of thousands of crickets all over everything. Once we got in the room we disposed of the half dozen dead bugs on the floor before noticing the live ones coming in through the hole in the wall.

The noise was ridiculous, a guy arguing with his girlfriend on the phone for over an hour, people banging around throughout, but the worst was the noise from a trucker niteclub two doors down. When I complained to the desk clerk he asked if I could hear it over the AC fan. I told him we couldn't turn it on because of the mildew smell. He gave me two new filters and told me I could change them. We seriously considered just getting back in the car and driving through the night and even went so far as to get up at midnight and go to the LaQuinta across the street to see if they were better. We ended up just toughing it out and leaving early in the morning.

This really isn't just a negative rant, check out my other reviews, but just want people to be informed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tngiants
LARGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Super cheap rate ($51 Senior) and totally renovated and updated room. Good internet, flat screen tv, microwave and refrig. Comfortable bed even though the pillows were too big but I brought my own. Very friendly and helpful people at the front desk. PLenty of electrical outlets and even provided shampoo. Towels were nice and soft. Very clean room and bathroom with nice shower with good water pressure. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple