“So many things wrong”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Maryville, TN
“So many things wrong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I rarely write a negative review but this was the worst place I have ever stayed. We stopped for the night on the way to California after reading the mostly positive reviews on this site, what a mistake. When we checked in the desk clerk told me to make sure to turn the AC fan on so that we were not bothered at 3 in the morning when the 150 workers who were living in the motel usually left for work. When we parked we barely could get the car unloaded because of literally tens of thousands of crickets all over everything. Once we got in the room we disposed of the half dozen dead bugs on the floor before noticing the live ones coming in through the hole in the wall.

The noise was ridiculous, a guy arguing with his girlfriend on the phone for over an hour, people banging around throughout, but the worst was the noise from a trucker niteclub two doors down. When I complained to the desk clerk he asked if I could hear it over the AC fan. I told him we couldn't turn it on because of the mildew smell. He gave me two new filters and told me I could change them. We seriously considered just getting back in the car and driving through the night and even went so far as to get up at midnight and go to the LaQuinta across the street to see if they were better. We ended up just toughing it out and leaving early in the morning.

This really isn't just a negative rant, check out my other reviews, but just want people to be informed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tngiants

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
LARGO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Super cheap rate ($51 Senior) and totally renovated and updated room. Good internet, flat screen tv, microwave and refrig. Comfortable bed even though the pillows were too big but I brought my own. Very friendly and helpful people at the front desk. PLenty of electrical outlets and even provided shampoo. Towels were nice and soft. Very clean room and bathroom with nice shower with good water pressure. Would definitely use it again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank getupgonow
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Two guys were painting our room at 3pm when we checked in and then we left after leaving our bags in the room. When we came back it was really late and the door got stuck and will not open with our key due to the dried paint, The maint, person came right down got us in the room before we knew it. He Said the hotel was full and he couldn't wake up any customers and was very nice and competent in doing his job. We Stayed here last year and this property was in such bad shape. Now the rooms we stayed had nice comfortable beds, and flat screen TV. Had space on the table to put our luggage. Last year there were crickets flying all over the outside. This time I was very impressed. Will give our business to Motel 6 again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Norman S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Best choice for the money 44.99 tax. Compared to 113 that was listed on the website. Also got a srs discount since I was old. Very pet friendly, no charge at all. Very fast Internet. Rooms had bamboo floors, bathrooms had new tikes and bedspreads also looked like they were new.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Amartdying
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The hotel is clean,comfortable & safe.The front desk staff is really curteous and helpful.In short,its like home away from home and i fully recommend this hotel in elk city, OK. I received a call from a Manager at desk because it was change of shift and I haven't arrived till 9 PM, so he wanted to call to confirm my reservation and wanted to know if I need any help with direction..that made my day. The direction was really simple. right of the highway exit 41. God Bless you son. I was really happy with the room, but had to turn my AC on because there was a baby next door to me. Don't visit Route 66 Mus. it is not worth your time. The hotel did not provide any breakfast, but there was a nice rest next door called Home Cooking Café and it was delicious. in short great stay at an excellent price.

Room Tip: Turn your AC on, Nice rooms though
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Rooms are average for a motel 6 - this property has not been upgraded in some time. Smell of smoke in hallways, but no smoke smell in non-smoking room. Room walls were thin, and other guests were pretty noisy. Location is not close to dining options, really. Lots of parking for trucks. Location is not directly off of interstate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jacob J
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

i went to la quinta and the price was $146 a night and decided to stay in my car.... when pulled out there was a motel 6 sign right infront but it was not marked anywhere on the highway....( Poor Marketing) Price was 44.99 per night, but I still asked to see the room. and rooms were kick @ss.... Bamboo floors and orange color bedspreads... I didn't even think twice just gave the miney and jumped into the bed..... Beds were real comfy too all resturants were closed and I had to settle for snacks that night for the price this was the best I could get that night andf I was soo happy
I will stop here again no questions asked front desk staff seems like they enjoyed working there...

Room Tip: park anywhere you geta spot
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo