National Route 66 Museum
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Elk City
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We're not much into the Route 66 history, but still found this place fun and interesting. We particularly liked the old cars, watching a clip of an old movie and taking pictures in front of the recreated old town buildings.

2  Thank blueberrynight

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I bought the ticket that allowed entry to this museum and the Elk City museum also and it was well worth the price. All the Route 66 mementoes were brilliant and this museum had some that I saw nowhere else along the route. The Elk City museum was also amazing and the preserved artifacts were well displayed to show them in everyday use.

1  Thank leithheather
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My sister's idea to go but I rather enjoyed it. The cars were my favorite part. It was nice to see all of the old memorabilia. There's a place to purchase route 66 merchandise and post cards as well as a little store to get something to eat/drink. Glad I went.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was here a few years ago while on a "Route 66 Tour". There is a lot of "66" history here. "66 ran from Chicago to LA & there are many of the old sights still there.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Everyone should visit this place. I didn't know that Route 66 ran as far as it did. Very interesting!