“Lunch at Prairie Fire” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prairie Fire

Prairie Fire
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Elk City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Russellville, Arkansas
“Lunch at Prairie Fire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We were passing through Elk City and stopped at Prairie Fire for lunch. It was easy to locate downtown in the old railroad depot. The service was good, the food was great, and the setting enjoyable. The menu had a good variety of choices with reasonable prices for the selections. If traveling through again, it will be on our list of places to stop.

1 Thank Maddrake

Palm Springs, California, United States
“Great Food, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

It was a Monday night in Elk City and many restaurants were closed . . . so driving by Prairie Fire we saw people going in and thought we would give it a try.
Great service, full bar, great Chilli & gorditas (little fatty tortillas), the nights special, and a great waitress made for a really great meal.
The owner even came over for a chat.
For an added treat, the builing is a partially converted (left all the original stuff there) 1910 train station with a marvelous original tin ceiling.

1 Thank James F
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“GOOD FOOD AND GREAT SERVICE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first time to visit and we all enjoyed it very much. My dad and I both had the hamburger steak, which was cooked to perfection with grilled onions and mushrooms with brown gravy. I had a salad and green beans for my sides and the gb's were very delicious. My mom and my aunt shared the Grilled Shrimp Tortiellini which was very good as well. It was enough for both of them, so the serving sizes were right on. Good food, great service, and above average food. We will be back for sure to try some more of their menu items. We ate here on a Tuesday evening and the place was packed, which says something about the GREAT service we had.

2 Thank K9SONTHELOOSE
Decatur, Illinois
“Hotel clerk was right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very accommodating for a couple wanting a light meal. I had the steak sandwich with baked sweet potato and wife had grilled chicken breast sandwich with green beans - all excellent without sauces or seasonings.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank decatur_dug
Evergreen, Colorado
“It's a Hoot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stopped in Elk City on a Monday night while travelling to Kansas/ Got to the motel after 8:00 p.m. and went to Prairie Fire after receiving a recommendation from the desk clerk. We arrived at this restaurant shortly after 8:30 pm and were welcomed and seated promptly. I had been somewhat concerned about getting seated so late (they close at 9:00 p.m.) but most of the tables were occupied even at this hour. We started with the excellent and reasonably priced margaritas and ordered steaks, which arrived quickly and were cooked to perfection. The check arrived and again I was pleasently surprised. Great food, prompt service and reasonable prices. Who could ask for more? I forgot to mention the ambiance. I spoke with Mary, the owner, who described that this restaurant is on the site of an old train depot. Mary told us that much of the original decor of the train station remains. It is fun and interestind decor. I especially liked the old transom windows and oversized tiles on the floor. When you are in Elk City, stop in the Prairie Fire and ask to meet Mary. She is a nice lady and her dedication to the success of this restaurant. I will definitely return here on my next trip here.

• Visited September 2013