“Great food, great atmosphere.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prairie Fire

Prairie Fire
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Elk City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic
“Great food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I eat here very often and highly recommend it. The food is very good, the staff is always friendly. The salmon salad is my favorite.

Elk City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very quaint atmosphere - remodeled from an old train depot but kept most of the original charm. The food is excellence as are the drinks from the full service bar.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Daisy73644
Austin, Texas
“Not bad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Went here while staying the night in Elk City on a cross-country trip. It was pretty nicely decorated (repurposed building). The service was good, friendly, and the menu was kind of american traditional with some steakhouse options. All 3 of us enjoyed our food, I thought the tenderloin steak lettuce thing was delicious (the steak is good, I think). The price was fair, if a little more expensive than I thought it would be. I'd go here again for sure.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ivelostmyself
“A great place for Elk City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We went for our anniversary dinner. I was looking for a prime rib, but it isn't on the menu. We started out with the avacado spinach dip for an appetizer. It came out with hot just-made cheesy tortilla chips. It was very good. We ordered the ribeye with sweet potato, I had seasoned veggies and he had fried okra. VERY good! It came with salad, fresh homemade bread with cinnamon honey butter. The steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly with perfect marbling. It was a little bit tough but I think that has to do with aging of the meat. They have a full bar and I ordered a plain mojito and I didn't think it was very good. Overall, we were very pleased with food, service, atmosphere. Great place for a date night.

Sikeston, Missouri
“Great Place to GO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

In town on family business as I was raised near the small town of Willow about 30 miles south of Elk City. We always check out Trip Advisor restaurants and this one was top of the list. This is a great place to eat and the entire restaurant is beautiful and restful. Occupying the old train depot which has been beautifully and tastefully decorated, this place is just plain awesome! I am hesitate sometimes to go to a place that has few ratings and I laughed and told them up front that I'd review them and they better be good. They brought us a serving of their spinach/guacamole appetizer with chips to try and we enjoyed it very much. The dip or chips are a good combination and when i tried separately I could tell that as without the other they just weren't quite right. Hubby had the pork chops. Pricey at $18 but great cut and very well prepared. I enjoyed the chicken fried steak. Each dinner came with two veggies and a salad. We are BIG fans of okra and their breaded, fried whole pods were great. The smashed potatoes were topped with bacon. The veggie medley had great flavor. Their sweet tea is some of the best we've every had as it is not too sweet but delicious. You get a small loaf of bread and the cinnamon butter with it was great, wish I could have saved it for breakfast as it reminded me of a fresh cinnamon roll. The service was great, chatty but then left us alone to enjoy the meal, not overdone. They may be a bit pricey for this area as our two meals and one drink were a little over $30 but we took about half of each meal home because servings were large. NOT the okra, it all disappeared!

• Visited October 2012