“A great place for Elk City!”
Review of Prairie Fire

Prairie Fire
Ranked #1 of 47 Restaurants in Elk City
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We went for our anniversary dinner. I was looking for a prime rib, but it isn't on the menu. We started out with the avacado spinach dip for an appetizer. It came out with hot just-made cheesy tortilla chips. It was very good. We ordered the ribeye with sweet potato, I had seasoned veggies and he had fried okra. VERY good! It came with salad, fresh homemade bread with cinnamon honey butter. The steak was cooked and seasoned perfectly with perfect marbling. It was a little bit tough but I think that has to do with aging of the meat. They have a full bar and I ordered a plain mojito and I didn't think it was very good. Overall, we were very pleased with food, service, atmosphere. Great place for a date night.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

In town on family business as I was raised near the small town of Willow about 30 miles south of Elk City. We always check out Trip Advisor restaurants and this one was top of the list. This is a great place to eat and the entire restaurant is beautiful and restful. Occupying the old train depot which has been beautifully and tastefully decorated, this place is just plain awesome! I am hesitate sometimes to go to a place that has few ratings and I laughed and told them up front that I'd review them and they better be good. They brought us a serving of their spinach/guacamole appetizer with chips to try and we enjoyed it very much. The dip or chips are a good combination and when i tried separately I could tell that as without the other they just weren't quite right. Hubby had the pork chops. Pricey at $18 but great cut and very well prepared. I enjoyed the chicken fried steak. Each dinner came with two veggies and a salad. We are BIG fans of okra and their breaded, fried whole pods were great. The smashed potatoes were topped with bacon. The veggie medley had great flavor. Their sweet tea is some of the best we've every had as it is not too sweet but delicious. You get a small loaf of bread and the cinnamon butter with it was great, wish I could have saved it for breakfast as it reminded me of a fresh cinnamon roll. The service was great, chatty but then left us alone to enjoy the meal, not overdone. They may be a bit pricey for this area as our two meals and one drink were a little over $30 but we took about half of each meal home because servings were large. NOT the okra, it all disappeared!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

This little jewel of a restaurant exceeded all of our expectations and those were pretty high based on the previous reviews we had read!!! We discovered this restaurant as we were passing through on our annual trip to Colorado. .Situated in the historic old train station it is nicely decorated and definitely gives a feeling of stepping back in time , but that pales in comparison to the FOOD! My daughter and I had the pork chops which were delicious! The grilled salmon salad was everything the reviews described and more. I'm hard pressed to think of where I've ever tasted better grilled salmon. The chocolate cake is like none other! It deserves it's own review space entirely!! Good thing we just ordered one slice to share though, because it is HUGE! Moist, light spongy warm chocolate HEAVEN!!! The service was good and friendly and the owner is often there onsite ensuring an enjoyable dining experience. The price was very reasonable and worth every penny!! We will be making this a regular stopping place every time we find ourselves passing through western Oklahoma! Conveniently located right off I-40 but would be well worth traveling even an hour out of the way for!!

1  Thank LeAnnaSisson
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Tried it based on other reviews. Overrated by our standards. 8 oz filet was barely 5 oz, salty and overlooked. Potatoes and vegetables overlooked as well. And salty.

1  Thank margauxverzaniPam
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We had an outstanding dinner in Elk City after a 500+ mile drive from Houston recently. The bone-in ribeye was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. The entree salad with salmon, goat cheese, carmelized pecans, stawberries, and pineapple with a ligh raspberry vinagrette was incredibly good. The service was excellent, and they provided excellent tips and advice. It's so good we'll be back tonight to try something different, and hopefully have room for desert!