“Very impressive!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Elk City
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Elk City
Reviewed January 30, 2013

First time to Elk City, OK. Wasn't expecting much. VERY impressed with accommodations and front desk staff was very helpful on restaurant recommendations. Agree that most iPhones/PDAs/Garmins struggle with the hotel location but if you know it's Exit #40 off of I-40 eastbound, you can't miss the tall sign from the Interstate/exit ramp.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Elk City

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel with a great staff. Our room was massive with a great open wall and desk unit to seperate the living area from the bedroom. It was clean and very well appointed.
I mentioned it was hard to find. Even thouigh it's been here over a year none of the mapping software or GPS's I tried could find it or the new Walmart on the same road. The hotel is on the south side of I-40 at Exit 40.
It's worth the trip !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I actually stayed here in November 2011 (but TA won't let you select that far back!) ... it hadn't been open very long as my Google maps GPS on my phone couldn't find it (I came in on Route 66 and was directed to downtown instead). After calling the hotel and getting directions, it was easy to find! Its next to fairly new WalMart, so if you forget anything, you can walk across the parking lot. The staff was friendly at check-in and check-out. The room was clean and the heating worked well considering how chilly it was that weekend. Breakfast was one of the best selections I've seen at any location with a very spacious dining area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We are Hampton Gold members (stay often at Hilton brand hotels obviously) and prefer the Hampton. This was our 1st stay at this Elk City Location. Be careful with directions because our Garmin could not find it. (check closely for the Hampton signs and exit as you approach Elk City of I40) The hotel can easily be seen from I40 but you might pass up the exit if you aren't careful. We were heading west on I40 and sorry but I don't remember the exit number. Getting to the hotel in the dark is a little tricky but we managed. The tasty cookies upon our arrival are a Hampton favorite. Check in was fast and easy.

The sheets and room were nice and clean as expected. You could tell this was a newer Hampton (very modern). Nice flat screen TV, microwave and fridge in the room. The 1st problem we encountered was the neighbors TV so loud it could be heard in our room and even in the hallway. I wasn't sure if this was just thinner walls or an almost deaf neighbor but the front desk called up asking the guest to turn down the TV which he thankfully did. The front desk person tried to find me earplugs just in case but could not locate any and handed me cotton ball packages instead. The night of sleep after that was very comfy and quiet. In the morning I was looking forward to a hot shower and was very disappointed to find the water was barely lukewarm on the hottest setting on the 4th floor (so luke warm that I opted to not take a shower because it was freezing outside). Had it been summer, I would have welcomed the lukewarm shower but not in late December winter temps! I was a bit grumpy about the lack of hot water. Next I was disappointed there were no bananas in the breakfast area (a normal Hampton staple and something we look forward to on our stays). The front desk person searched but could not find any (at least she tried). When it came to check out time we were a little behind schedule but I was pleased to hear the front desk person tell me when I handed in our room card that she would see about crediting us for our stay because of both the lack of hot water and bananas and their 100% satisfaction promise (so they really do stand behind that promise folks!) I haven't verified yet that we got a refund but I don't see why we wouldn't at this point. Final gold star for customer service was the fact that we accidentally forgot our bathroom bag with expensive medications. Thankfully it was turned into lost-n-found and the Hampton has now returned it to us via Fedex. I have a tracking number now but have not yet received it back. (we should see it tomorrow hopefully!)

We will consider giving this location another chance the next time we are through the area but normally we stay at the Yukon Hampton location a little farther away. We were told there normally isn't a problem with lack of hot water so I can only hope it was just a rare exception. Hopefully the lack of bananas was also just a rare exception as well!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bfedler, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Elk City, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

We apologize for the quality of service you received during your recent stay. Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We have notified our maintenance team of this issue and it has been corrected. We hope you will consider staying with us again if you return to area.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Decent location if you can find it. We had a little trouble finding it, had to call front desk to get directions after we went further on up I 40 - and had to back track. This hotel is located at Exit 40 off I 40. This info was NOT on their internet confirmation sheet. Only info was their address, phone and Fax number. We had address plugged into our Garmin but since this location was so new it didn't come up and we got a bit lost.

The Hotel was very nice, staff very pleasant. Breakfast staff member was great. She was high energy, fun and did a great job with the food display.

We would stay here again if out this way.

Room Tip: This is located at Exit 40 on I 40.....
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were favorably impressed when we stopped at this newer Hampton in late March. Did not have a reservation, but this is where we were targeting for our first night on the road heading home to Illinois from Albuquerque. Unfortunately, they had just sold the last room for the night. Thr front desk clerk was very helpful in calling the Hampton 25 miles down the road in Clinton for us to get them to hold a room for us.
The hotel looked very nice, as Hamptons usually do. We'll probably stay here on our next trip west.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed here on a cross-country trip, pretty easy to find on IH-40 (exit 40), even though it's pretty new so it's not on "apple maps" yet as of this writing. The check-in was easy, although the door of the first room we were given didn't lock so we had to move across the hall. It was clean and bed was comfortable, bathroom was fine. WIFI was fast, breakfast tasted pretty good...all the staff seemed like they were in a pretty good mood. I hesitate to give it 5 stars just because it seemed rather worn out for being only 1.5 years old, not as well-mainatained. Price was fair.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business