“Nice in an ice storm”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Reno
Lexington, ky
“Nice in an ice storm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Arrived during an ice storm. Got to my room quickly and had a comfortable night. Warm room and good bed. Radio and television helped me determine my direction the following morning in the ice storm. Made my way out of the ice storm with a little alteration to my route. A good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hope F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
I am so glad that we could accomodate you. In our ever changing Oklahoma weather. Thank you for your review, and we hope we will see you again, just without the ice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This is the third, and best, motel we have stayed at while traveling with our dogs. We have 2, including a large lab which limits our options. All 3 motels have been fairly old with the same layout and private entrance. This place was right off I-40. The room was clean, smelled fresh and the furnishings were updated. Granite counters even. Some reviewers had mentioned drafty doors, but it was 10 degrees out and we didn't have drafts. Unlike some reviewers, we found the beds comfortable. Nice sized table and a power strip on the nightstand. Microwave and mini fridge. Decent free hot breakfast, the dining room small but we took ours to go. Husband went for carry-out after check-in for dinner. Try an onion burger! Several places offer them downtown, which is close, we tried Sid's. Greasy...but really hits the spot after a day of travel.
Overall, not a bad place to stop for the night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hope F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind remarks about our property. We are so pleased that our beds, and our cleaniness impressed you. And we are happy that you discovered our town's famous onion fried burgers. FDM, Hope Fuell
St. Louis MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Chose this property based on tripadvisor reviews. The rate was competitive, the check-in was quick, friendly and efficient and room was clean and comfortable. Icy roads and sub-zero temperatures forced us to call it a night and we were glad we chose this motel. The buffet style breakfast really made it a great value. I would fully recommend this motel to anyone looking for a room in this price range- it was a great value and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hope F, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your good review. We were glad that we could accomadate you with the ever changing Oklahoma weather. And we hope that if you come this way again you will use our motel.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Cozy and clean? Just wonderful? Very nice? Where have these folks been staying??? I relied on those reviews when I booked a room from my car, which was stuck in miles of stopped traffic on I-40 for about two hours the other night. The price, at $102 was definitely on the high side. The bed, not even counting what felt like a plastic mattress pad, was the most uncomfortable of any hotel/motel bed I encountered on my recent trip to northern California. The pillows: ditto what felt like plastic covers under the case. The heat was either on or off. No in between. The icy wind blew through a very visible gap between the door and the frame. Television was quite limited. On the bright side, the linens were crisp and appeared clean and the man at the desk friendly. Stay here only if you must.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hope F, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am sure being stuck in the cold blowing wind, with the ice storm that we encountered this weekend for 2 hours was very stressful. Then to encounter the issues that you had with our motel I am very sorry. We will be using your input to correct the issues that you encountered.
Montgomery
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I enjoyed my brief stay at the Best Western Hensley's in El Reno on my drive out to Santa Fe, NM. I presume the friendly couple in the lobby at check-in were the Hensleys. If so, they are very courteous, quick with chick-in and check-out, and helpful. I felt the nightly rate was very fair for the spacious, clean room. The bed was comfortable, the TV channel selection nice, the towels and amenities were just right. I have absolutely no complaints about this wonderful hotel and would recommend it to anyone visiting or passing through El Reno.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hope F, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice review. We will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip thru the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here after a horrible experience at a Motel 6 in Elk City, Oklahoma where I left after an hour and asked for a refund. (See my review on that place!) I have always stayed at Best Westerns but I was trying to save a little bit of money. Big mistake.

I found this Best Western after driving an hour from that motel from hell and arrived at 10 o'clock at night very tired. The manager was so kind and the hotel room was immaculate and modern with lots of little touches. Room is spacious with a couch, microwave, refrigerator, granite countertops - just lovely. It smelled wonderful and is very quiet. You cannot hear the traffic noise at all.

It is a really great hotel and I will come back again when I pass through. Best Western's are always good I've learned my lesson. No more cheap hotels for me!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hope F, Manager at BEST WESTERN Hensley's, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I would like to thank you so much for the kind remarks. It helps to know that we are being successful at what we are striving for.
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Very nice hotel. We travel through the area twice a year. We aways make sure to stay here. Room is always clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely nice. Right below the hotel is the Log Cabin Resturant. Makes it easy to go and have dinner after checking in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for the nice review, we strive to offer cleaniness and comforts of home.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Reno
#3 of 11 in El Reno
BEST WESTERN Plus Yukon
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City/Yukon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon

Been to BEST WESTERN Hensley's? Share your experiences!