“Great Stay with Bonus!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Reno
ontario
“Great Stay with Bonus!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. We are impressed with the Best Westerns along the route to Arizona. All were updated and clean. This was easy to access without going into the big cities. Friendly and lots of rooms - we liked being on the ground floor with easy unpacking. Cute extra - a bag in the room with apple, water, and snacks. Breakfast was among the best we have seen. Obviously the room was previously a restaurant and much more comfortable than the usual. Women were preparing in the kitchen and it was a step up on the usual fare. Couldn't improve on the experience. Denny's next door.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank northofTO
John K, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
We here at Best Western Hensley's do appreciate your comments about our Motel. We strive to please our customers, and are happy when we see that we have accomplished this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
midwest
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The motel (not hotel) is a typical Best Western.
The evening desk clerk was great. The motel was very full and he tried (unsuccessfully) to contact me to confirm I was going to be staying. (I was checking in late.) At check-in you get a treat bag with an apple, some candy and gum, and a bottle of water. Nice touch.
The room was clean, fairly up to date. A mini refrigerator. A microwave.
The shower was clean. The hot water was super hot. (caution- it was super hot.)
The breakfast was above average. There were meats, eggs, waffles, etc. ( I want proteins in the morning, not just breads.)
Overall, a pretty good place to stay.

Our room was in a seperate building, on the south east side. The hotel is right next to the interstate, and the highway noise was prevelant all night. I recommend a room on the pool-side of either building. Won't elimniate the hiway noise, but I think it would be a little reduced.

Room Tip: Pool-side might have less highway noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EM57_Traveler
John K, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
I would like to extend our thanks for your review of our property. Our customers mean alot to us, and their comfort is our top priority to us.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect for us, very easy on off to interstate 40 on our way cross country. Well maintained property. Dog friendly. Nice tv. Settles best coffee in the room and a hot home cooked breakfast included. Some people complain about traffic noise, that doesn't bother us as we travel with a fan and it's a trade off for ease of highway access. Overall very pleased for the price.

• Stayed February 2013
John K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we strive to make each stay a pleasant one for each person, and it is so nice when we get confirming feedback from a customer.
Hobbs, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We liked the location the staff were very friendly, and help full. The hot water was ok for us but if someone has kids they should be careful because it is very hot.The room was very clean. Restarants in area were very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank BETTY D
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had to call the front desk after an hours’ arrival to complain about the loud diesel truck parked outside my door, which they had removed shortly. Then when I tried to go get ice I found I was “locked” in my room. I could not get out. Apparently the tumblers in the door lock were old, worn out and stuck. I called the front desk again. They came and fiddled with it and then sprayed it with WD40. Which didn’t really “solve” the problem but lessoned the problem somewhat. It really needs a whole new lock. I was a bit upset with the older blonde “desk” woman who seemed annoyed with my complaint and that not it was not such a problem. (hello? How do I get something from my car? or breakfast in the morning? or what if there's a fire?) But the younger “desk” woman went out of her way to solve the problem. She was a sweetheart. So with that problem somewhat solved I continued on my journey to get ice and found that my Key Card no longer worked opening the door..YIKES..another trip back to the front desk, with grumpy looks from the blonde, to get it re-activated. I had an outside room, which I found to be noisy. Room was clean, newly decorated and nice and was equipped with Micro and Fridge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fiddlesticksfl
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was recently on a road trip to MO and on my way home stayed at the Best Western in El Reno OK.
To start with, they couldn't even correctly tell me what building of the 3 available my room was in. Then I specifically ask for a non-smoking room and they couldn't even get that right. The water pressure was so inconsistant that every time you tried to run water in the sink the whole wall would vibrate. I think on future trips out that way I will either drive a little further or stop a little sooner in I have a choice between being a little more tired or staying at the BW in El Reno OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike L
santa fe
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My room was nice and clean and a bit above par compared to most Best Westerns I have stayed in. It was nice! What I did not appreciate was the maid's cart rolling back and forth outside my door at 7:30 in the morning, nor the vacuum cleaner rolling back and forth above my head 20 minutes later, nor on maid on the ground floor shouting instructions up to the other maid also outside my door.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Baymont Inn & Suites EL Reno
Best Western Plus Yukon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Yukon

Been to Best Western Hensley'S? Share your experiences!