“Problems and Noisy”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in El Reno
Sebastian, Florida
“Problems and Noisy”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I had to call the front desk after an hours’ arrival to complain about the loud diesel truck parked outside my door, which they had removed shortly. Then when I tried to go get ice I found I was “locked” in my room. I could not get out. Apparently the tumblers in the door lock were old, worn out and stuck. I called the front desk again. They came and fiddled with it and then sprayed it with WD40. Which didn’t really “solve” the problem but lessoned the problem somewhat. It really needs a whole new lock. I was a bit upset with the older blonde “desk” woman who seemed annoyed with my complaint and that not it was not such a problem. (hello? How do I get something from my car? or breakfast in the morning? or what if there's a fire?) But the younger “desk” woman went out of her way to solve the problem. She was a sweetheart. So with that problem somewhat solved I continued on my journey to get ice and found that my Key Card no longer worked opening the door..YIKES..another trip back to the front desk, with grumpy looks from the blonde, to get it re-activated. I had an outside room, which I found to be noisy. Room was clean, newly decorated and nice and was equipped with Micro and Fridge.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank fiddlesticksfl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I was recently on a road trip to MO and on my way home stayed at the Best Western in El Reno OK.
To start with, they couldn't even correctly tell me what building of the 3 available my room was in. Then I specifically ask for a non-smoking room and they couldn't even get that right. The water pressure was so inconsistant that every time you tried to run water in the sink the whole wall would vibrate. I think on future trips out that way I will either drive a little further or stop a little sooner in I have a choice between being a little more tired or staying at the BW in El Reno OK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mike L
santa fe
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My room was nice and clean and a bit above par compared to most Best Westerns I have stayed in. It was nice! What I did not appreciate was the maid's cart rolling back and forth outside my door at 7:30 in the morning, nor the vacuum cleaner rolling back and forth above my head 20 minutes later, nor on maid on the ground floor shouting instructions up to the other maid also outside my door.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank casadeltoro
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We spent one night at the Best Western Hensley hotel in May 2012. We arrived quite late and were checked in by a very friendly Charis. She was very efficient and friendly and we received a very genuine welcome. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a good sleep. There is an outdoor pool which we didn't use. The breakfast provides a good choice of items - we had sausages with biscuits and gravy, along with some fruit juice and gravy. A good choice in El Reno, outside the traffic and hussle of Oklahoma.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DavidMcGuire
John K, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Thank you so much for the nice review.
Naperville, IL
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Charis was so kind and helpful. Even met me at the pool to be sure it was unlocked when I called down to see if there were towels at the pool. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was large and deep on one end. Lots of variety for breakfast

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kris1763
John K, Manager at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you so much for a nice review.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I've stayed at this Best Western several times en route from Memphis to Colorado. The rooms are consistently comfortable and the setting is pleasant as it is outside of the Oklahoma City traffic and bustle. The rooms are in detached units, up/down, but just a very short walk to the main lobby and breakfast area. The breakfast, I might add, is excellent with a nice dining setting and good, hot food. 5 *s for breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to anyone traveling through Oklahoma.

Room Tip: Try for a downstairs room if available.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Goatesians
Thank you so much for a nice review.
Monterey, California, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Wonderful clean rooms with beautiful furnishings, grass outside, a clean (and open) pool, a playground for the kids, benches, shade trees.... friendly staff.... This hotel get's two huge thumbs up.

They are pet friendly, have microwaves, fridges, and flat screens in each room... a nice table and chairs too! The AC worked really well and it was very clean.

One more perk - if you're traveling with a large family? They have adjoining rooms! Yahooooo!!

I can't say it enough. I just loved this place... what a gem. Grass? Playground? Pool? Pets? Clean? Friendly? Shade? Love, love, love!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Emily M
John K, Owner at Best Western Hensley'S, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you so much for a splendid review, I hope the girls enjoyed their cold swim.
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Reno
Baymont Inn & Suites EL Reno
Best Western Plus Yukon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Yukon

Been to Best Western Hensley'S? Share your experiences!