“Worth the trip!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed August 7, 2010

My husband and I had watched Man vs Food for OKC and wanted to try the onion hamburger place that Adam tried, Sid's. When we got to Sid's in El Reno it looked pretty busy, so we travelled one block to Robert's and discovered a little piece of heaven on earth! The burgers and fries were great and the service was wonderfully unique! Our waitress was about 10 going on 30, we've never had better service!

1  Thank ajwellington

Reviewed September 28, 2009

I'm not an El Renonian, but I've been going out to Robert's ever since I was a kid. I've never had a burger that compared. You go in, it's tiny. The people know you're not from around there, but they're glad you're there. You pop a squat at the bar and you order the double meat with cheese, a side of fries, a large drink and prepare for that kind of sensation that hits you when you cry while listening to Charlie Chaplain's "Oh! That Cello" .

My dad says the only reason I come to visit him anymore is because I can walk across the street and get me some Robert's. If only he knew how right he was.

I'm stationed half way around the world so I don't get to go to Robert's anymore, so I'm putting it to you that if you're ever in the great state of Oklahoma (wherever in Oklahoma is close enough) take a trip to El Reno and get yourself some Robert's.

1  Thank joechak
Reviewed July 8, 2009

I am somewhat of an afficiando of onion burgers, having orderd them all over the country, Everything gets compared to Roberts! Then again, nothing compares to roberts. It is always hot and fresh. I like mine with only Ketchup, buy you order yours the way you like. Here is a suggestion, order two, with cheese and skip the fries, or better yet, order two with cheese and get the fries. You only live once! My only problem is I live 3 hours away! Keep up the great work Ed.

1  Thank mbenefiel
Reviewed December 31, 2008

There are two "other" burger places that are on opposite corners of Robert's. They get more publicity, but Robert's by far, has the best burgers!! You actually get enough meat on the bun to tell you are eating a burger! It is a tiny place that looks closed & run-down, but this is where to get the best onion burger in El Reno!!!

1  Thank CutterTrainer17
A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 12, 2005

The atmosphere is all part of the experience! The onion burger with bacon and cheese is delicious. Make sure you add an order of fries with that too.

Breakfast is just as good. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member