“Dirty”
Review of Days Inn El Reno

Days Inn El Reno
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in El Reno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Checotah, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed at this Days Inn for about 8 months. The managers and staff are very pleasant and courteous. All the rooms have just recently been upgraded, new carpet and interior paint scheme. The exterior of the building has been updated and has that modern look about it.
I would have no problem returning to this location for another stay. I found my overall experience to be excellent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped for the night during a cross country road trip. Got in late and planned to leave early. The carpets were dirty, the linens were gritty (like there was sand in the bed), there was hair stuck to the shower wall... My husband heard mice on the room, getting into the snacks we had brought in. When I reported it on the morning, I was told he didn't know anything and I had to wait for the manager.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank MrsArmy_0913

Travelers are raving about these El Reno hotels

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 15, 2013

When traveling across country with pets (especially cats) it becomes difficult at times to find adequate lodging that will accept your feline companions. After a particuarly frustrating time trying to locate a pet-friendly hotel in the Oklahoma City area without having to pay an arm and a leg, we settled on the Days Inn in El Reno.

I'll have to say that when my wife and I were raising our children in the 70's and 80's, Days Inns were at the top of our list for choices to stay. They were clean, confeniently located, usually had a pool, a restaurant and other amenities and were affordable.

Sad to say, I think that the Days Inn in El Reno is suffering from delusions of former grandeur. I truthfully don't think the property has had a face lift since the glory days of the 80's.

For positives, it was close to the Interstate, inexpensive, served a continental breakfast, had in-room wi-fi, refrigerator and microwave, and the shower was hot with good pressure. The carpet appeared to be new and some of the walls had recently been painted.

Now for the other list ... the walls are still paper thin and our sleep was frequently disturbed by partiers in the next room. For some reason, probably because we were located at the base of the stairs, the area outside our room seemed to be a congregational area for smokers and loud talkers. The interior of our room was "very tired' with mismatched furniture, threadbare sheets and towels, blankets with cigarette burn holes in them, faded bedspreads dating at least fifteen years ago, The bathroom door wouldn't close and the door jamb was broken as if someone had kicked in the door.

Bur like I said, if you're traveling with cats and don't want to pay an arm and a leg, this might be a good choice. Just ask for an upstairs room and you may get a quieter location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Urbanzenmeister
Hays
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is an older hotel that was remodeled; unfortunately the job was poor resulting in a look of almost new which falls short. Our room was clean and staff friendly but the property is clearly ran down...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

#1 of 11 in El Reno
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites El Reno
Best Western Plus Yukon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oklahoma City Yukon

Been to Days Inn El Reno? Share your experiences!