“There must be a management problem”

On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #206 of 311 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Mexican, Grill
Good for: Families with children
“There must be a management problem”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant elsewhere in the USA. The quality of food is awful. The staff does whatever, this leads me to think management needs to be changed. I'm not one to say bad things about a restaurant 99% of the time, but my visits to this place were awful. Congratulations on making the 1% of times I will leave a bad review.

• Visited August 2012

Edmond
“Pleasant enough, food ok, prices reasonable”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This restaurant has a fairly consistent menu, main - stream mexican restaurant fare. Usually not much of a wait, even on weekends. Prices are not bad. Service tends to vary - was ok this last trip, others times not so good, then we don't come back for awhile. Their chicken tortilla soup is good, makes a light dinner - if you stay away from the chips.

• Visited February 2013
“Fun Place for a Night Out”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I went there with two friends. I ordered the fish tacos, my friend ordered a chimichanga, and my other friend ordered a burrito. We loved the food and my friend's special request on her burrito was carried out. The desserts were also amazing. The Kahlua ice cream cake was outstanding! Our waiter appeared to have difficulty understanding me and he eventually came over less and less but other than that the service was great. We loved it and the price was not bad at all. I would definitely recommend it as a place for a girl's night out.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States
“Worst dining experience in a LONG time.”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had lunch here on a Saturday afternoon with my daughter and her family. The one bright spot was our waitress. She was very hard-working and attentive -- which is a good thing because she spent most of our visit trying to correct the kitchen staff's mistakes. The restaurant wasn't at all crowded and we were seated immediately. Our orders were taken promptly but we then waited an extremely long time on our food. When it finally came out, my daughter's meal wasn't included. Oops, they forgot it. Another long wait for her for it to appear. My husband's food was cold when he received it. Another wait for them to bring it back, still not hot in the middle. My meal was missing the rice that was supposed to come with it, but it eventually was provided. None of the food was very hot and it was mediocre at best. To top things off, a passing waiter accidentally dripped salsa on my daughter's brand new white sweatshirt which was laid across an empty chair. We didn't mention it to the management and fortunately I was able to wash it out when we got home. Not a place I'll visit again.

• Visited September 2012
“Not authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We dined during the week and it was empty only a few people were dining. I was quite disappointed w/ the selections they had for my taste. I ended up getting an appetizer called "border starter" it came w a chicken quesadilla, chicken flautas which where very oily...it wasn't appetizing and I also had some nachos, which were soggy. I truly don't plan on going back.

Been to On The Border Mexican Grill & Cantina? Share your experiences!