“Good enough pasta - overpriced for what you get” 3 of 5 bubbles

Othello's
Ranked #12 of 310 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Peter, Minnesota
“Good enough pasta - overpriced for what you get”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Othello's in Edmond is one of those restaurants where the food is good but the pricing is as if the food is excellent. A real mismatch. They appear to be riding on a name and reputation.

We finished up our meal at Othello's agreeing that everything was above-average. Service was fine. "That was pretty good" seemed to be the common statement from kids to grandparents. When the bill hit, I realized that Othello's was pricing their food and drinks at 20% to 30% above what you would expect for "pretty good" food.

Kind of disappointing, but that's common among restaurants that ride history and reputation. We had no history with Othello's other than this one stop. Haven't been back since and we will likely not come back due to the variance. Not sure that we will be missed since the place was full of people with a long history of eating at Othello's.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve D
nweiss123, Manager at Othello's, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Thank you for your comments, we pride ourselves In using the highest quality and freshest produce and meats. We make everything from scratch everyday, with no preservatives. Feel free to come and try use again and ask for myself and I can point you in the direction of a menu items that have more quantity. We also offer 1/2 price basic pizzas on Sunday evenings.
Management

• Arabic first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Disappointing experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Well so much for memories! I'd been here several years ago but had forgotten why I didn't return! Won't go back and make same mistake. We eat out several times per week and usually spend $40-$75 for a nice meal. This was a waste of money. I ordered eggplant fries for an appetizer (no taste) chicken Marsala w spaghetti (no taste) - couldn't taste any flavors, seasonings, wine - zero. My husband ordered garlic crusted ribeye which came w spaghetti also. It was tender and there was a slight garlic coating but overall he said it was bland. The spaghetti was noodles and tomato sauce ..... Not one other thing as far as seasonings. I am disappointed to have wasted money on this.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank PointCouple
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Fantastic! Unless you sit upstairs...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We have visited Othello's multiple times. The food is always great, and we would definitely recommend. The service is fine to good, unless you are seated upstairs. We actually have learned to request sitting downstairs, because if you are seated upstairs you will be forgotten about. That being said, go, enjoy, (request sitting downstairs) and have a great meal in a romantic setting!

nweiss123, Manager at Othello's, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your time to review us. I was not aware of this problem, but I will promise you we strive on excellent service whether you are sitting upstairs or down. I will bring this to my staff attention immediately. We appreciate your business and support and look forward to seeing you again.
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Awesome! Downtown Edmond, OK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is my favorite place to eat, the food is great! The staff and owners are awesome, they make you feel at home. The restaurant is warm, cozy and inviting. Don't forget about dessert, they have the best pies and cakes and if you are to full after dinner order a dessert to go, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good Italian restaurant and great salads and deserts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice cozy place with nice bar t
The food is good and the Cesar salad for two is great
Their deserts are really good
I like the pasta dishes and the trout

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Othello's? Share your experiences!